Typology II - Public Buildings
FA-TY2Acad. year: 2019/2020
The lectures are aimed at imparting basic knowledge needed for designing various types of complexes of public buildings. General principles are demonstrated on individual solutions of contemporary works of architecture. The fundamental knowledge gained at the lectures is practically made use of on simple tasks worked out in tutorials. The knowledge gained from the lectures is than used in studio work.
Department of Design (UN)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Gaining basic information, knowledge and skills needed in public building design.
- Influence of given aspects on typological species, its history and present state
- Influence of subject aspects on processes, functional circuits and units, program
- Influence of given aspects on principles and possibilities of basic arrangement and form
- Effect of the aspects in question on build-up, structure and construction, technology;
- Influence of subject aspects on species characteristics and differences, allocation, urban context
- Tendencies and trends, prediction of further development, perspective, influence of information technologies
Knowledge of the subject Tzpology I.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Neufert E.: Navrhování staveb (CS)
Pearman H.: Contemporary World Architecture (CS)
Maxa M.: Stavby bez bariér-výstavba pro osoby se sníženou schopností pohybu (CS)
Žalmanová P.: Projekt handicap - "Gemini" (CS)
Vyhláška č. 268/2009 Sb. OTP (CS)
Vyhláška č. 398/2009 Sb. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Credit is granted after submission of all works assigned at tutorials. The submitted assignment's contents has to fulfil all defined requirements.
Language of instruction
The course is devoted to overview typological themes and public buildings with integrated housing function.
Lectures will include the following:
- environment, health, sustainability
- security, fire security
- inclusion, handicap
- 1 seminar paper
- temporary housing
- housing for seniors
The aim is to gain information on the basic principles of typology and be able to make use of them in design practice.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Tasks are regularly assigned and submitted at tutorials.