EPLAN - Designing in Electrical Engineering
FEKT-XPC-EPLAcad. year: 2018/2019
The course deals with project planning focusing on modern software tool EPLAN. PC exercises concentrate on practical information and experience with project planning in electrical engineering within the software EPLAN. The course will get students acquainted with the EPLAN software, concrete project solving, will make creating the project documentation and simplifying the processes automatic. The information about project planning basics including the right procedures, element dimension and technical documentation is also a part of the course.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will acquire theoretical and practical knowledge about project planning in electrical engineering and using EPLAN software. On the basis of the knowledge, students will be capable of using the program and solving the basic problems during project planning on their own. They will be well informed about diagrams, norms, and symbols. They will also be able to create their own project, block of device, their own articles, functional macro, and generate reports, evaluations, etc.
Completing the course NPSD/CPSD (Design of power and data networks) is recommended – but not a necessary condition. Knowledge of theoretical electrical engineering is recquired.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
EPLAN Software, Uživatelská příručka – EPLAN electric P8, 2015 (CS)
Další studijní materiály budou dodány průběžně během semestru formou příručky pro studenty. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods are dependent on the teaching techniques and are delineated in the Article 7 of the VUT Study and Exam Regulations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Throughout the semester, students will be working on an individual project. This project needs to be defended at the end of the semester together with the technical report on project solving. The project will be assessed and evaluated with points.
Language of instruction
1) Introduction, introduction to the training project, Interface elements, changing the user Interface, using the project wizard
2) Creating a project, opening and editing pages
3) Editing functions, properties of symbols, project creation wizard
4) Opening and editing pages, creating and inserting macros, inserting block of device
5) Automatically generating connections, creating of schema
6) Device navigator, cross-references
7) Graphics, article selection
8) The concept of equipment, connections and terminals
10) User-defined properties, connectors
11) Project check, completing and updating reports
12) Data backup, export of project
The aim of the course is to get students acquainted with an effective and modern tool for electric engineering project planning – EPLAN, with its possibilities, different ways to plan projects, a database system EPLAN, with possibilities to interconnect it to production, with the creation of automatically generated reports and functions. Also, the aim is to teach students to use their acquired knowledge in practice.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Conditions for successful completion of the course are determined by annually updated regulation of the course guarantor
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-AUD Bachelor's
specialization AUDB-TECH , any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-AMT Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-EKT Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, optional
- Programme BKC-EKT Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-IBE Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-MET Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, optional
- Programme BKC-MET Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, optional
- Programme BKC-SEE Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-SEE Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, optional
- Programme BKC-TLI Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-TLI Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, optional