FEKT-MPC-STTAcad. year: 2020/2021
The course includes above all topics from the fields of smart technologies, Internet of Things IoT and generally Industry 4.0, modern cryptography, mobile 4G/5G networks, green communications, LoRa technology, e-commerce and e-government, location techniques, Software Defined Networks SDN, critical infrastructure, modern optical transmissions and other attractive areas.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
On completing the seminar, students will be able to:
- practice knowledge of modern trends at communications and informatics systems
- estimate the future of advanced communication and information systems
- analyze current and emerging issues
- judge current situation in practice
- plan future smart technologies
- justify the influence of technology on life
Students must have basic knowledge of telecommunication and information technology at Masters level.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
PAVLÍČEK, Antonín, GALBA, Alexander, HORA, Michal. Moderní informatika. Praha: Professional Publishing, 2017. ISBN 978-80-906594-6-9. (CS)
OULEHLA, Milan, JAŠEK, Roman. Moderní kryptografie, Praha: IFP Publishing, 2017. ISBN 978-80-87383-67-4 (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Methods of educations are described in the article 7 of the BUT’s Study and Examination Regulation. Teaching methods include seminar. Course is taking advantage of e-learning (Moodle) system.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
The maximum of 30 points is given upon completion of the theoretical test in seminar. The maximum of 70 points can be gained by completing the final project.
Language of instruction
1. Smart environment and Pervasive computing, Internet of Things IoT,
2. Information security technologies, modern cryptography,
3. 4G / 5G mobile systems and services
4. Green communications, LoRa wireless technologies, cloud computing
5. Cryptocurrency technologies
6. Intelligent transportation systems (ITS)
7. e-Commerce, Mobile Commerce, e-Government, Bio-oriented Networks
8. Location techniques and Location-Based Services LBS
9. Software Defined Networks SDN
10. Passive optical networks GPON
11. Critical infrastructure
12.Advanced optical networking technologies
13. GRID, distributed computing technologies and services
The aim of the course is to give students an overview of actual topics in the field of communication and information technologies. The seminar will present trends and perspectives for the future in the field of study, both BUT staff and practitioners. The seminar is included in the last year of the Master's degree program and will complement the lessons learned from previous years with a vision for the future.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The conditions for the successful course completion are stated in the yearly updated supervisor’s notice.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme MPC-TIT Master's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 3 credits, compulsory