Specialized project (R)
FAST-CW017Acad. year: 2018/2019
The course summarises the knowledge previously acquired in the Execution of Buildings study specialization. The emphasis is placed on the modelling of the main technical stages of the construction process and on planning the procedure for their execution and the resources needed for them. Production of a time schedule and financial plan for a specific assigned construction project and a design proposal for construction site facilities with regard to qualitative, safety and environmental requirements during construction.
Institute of Technology, Mechanisation and Construction Management (TST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will gain the knowledge and practical skills needed to prepare a construction technology planning study and parts of the documentation used by contractors when preparing to construct a group of several structures. This mainly involves acquiring the practical abilities required to produce studies concerning the execution of the main technical stages of construction execution, time schedules and financial plans for construction execution, and a bill of quantities and budget for a selected part of a construction project. Students will also gain practical skills needed for resource coordination planning and the design of facilities required at the construction site. This subject has as its output the production of part of a construction technology planning study for an assigned construction project.
Knowledge from the area of structural design, construction technology, construction technology planning design, civil engineering software and economic tools for the management of building production.
Gradual, concurrent supplementation of knowledge from the areas of specific construction processes, construction execution and the use of engineering software.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Tuition consists of regular consultation sessions with a teacher, independent preparation of assigned parts of project documentation and the presentation of the produced parts of the project.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Compulsory attendance and regular consultations regarding the produced assigned parts of a construction technology planning study are required for the successful completion of the course. Submission of the produced assigned part of a construction technology planning study for a specific construction project is required to get a credit.
Language of instruction
The task of this course is to provide the students with knowledge required for elaboration of pre-production preparation documents based on the particular building or construction, namely especially from the point of view of the building contractor.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Project assignment (cooperation with an engineering company is acceptable) – according to the student´s specialisation; determination of the scope of the assigned project.
2. Construction technology planning study, execution of the main technical stages of the construction process.
3. Engineering software – bill of quantities, development of a budget proposal for an assigned part of the construction process.
4. Time schedule and financial plan for a construction project according to technical and economic indicators; rough coordination of basic resources .
5. Coordination of sub-contractors.
6. Design of the site facilities to be used, projects for selected site facilities.
7. Design of technical instructions for a selected construction sub-process.
8. Completion of the produced documentation, preparation for submission.