Professional Practical Training
FAST-TG03Acad. year: 2018/2019
Specialised practical training is an important part of the academic education in the Architecture and Urban Development subsequent master’s study programme. Its aim is to gain basic knowledge about economic, procedural and legal relationships in a professional environment, to gain basic practical experience with both legal and ethical rules which result from the relationship between an architect and a customer, an employer and an employee and to gain a basic awareness of duties and professional responsibility as an essential part of the qualification in this field of specialisation. It takes place outside the academic premises.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will manage the goal of the subject, i.e. knowledge of the professional environment, mechanism of a design process, an employer, a client, economic, procedural and legal relations.
Completion of the bachelor’s level of architectural studies.
Basically it is an independent discipline with its own methodology.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Stavební zákon a předpisy související. Autorizace ve výstavbě. Ostrava: Sagit,, 2005. (CS)
Zákoník práce. Ostrava: Sagit, 2005. (CS)
Obchodní a občanský zákoník. Živnostenský zákon. Ostrava: Sagit, 2005. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Additional educational activities are professional domestic and foreign trips, aimed to verify the implementation activities of architects.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
For credit student submit the statement of work, work diary and portfolio of their work.
Language of instruction
The content of the learning process is itself the essence of practice.
The aims of this specialised practical training, gained via the specific activity of the applicant for professional placement in the field of architecture, are, among others:
- basic knowledge of the economic, procedural and legal relationships involved in the professional environment of architectural-urban planning practice
- basic practical experience with the rules, both legal and ethical, which result from the relationship between an architect and a customer and between an employer and an employee
- direct contact with duties and professional responsibility as an essential part of the qualification in this field of specialisation
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Type of course unit
1560 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
In practice (65 days), the student involved in these power stages of preparation and implementation of projects:
1. preparation of contract
2. the study buildings
3. construction documentation for land management
4. construction documentation for building permit
5. construction documentation for the construction project
6. building contractor selection
7. architectural supervision
8. engineering supervision
eLearning: currently opened course