FSI-HT1-KAcad. year: 2018/2019
Following the theoretical basics of technological design, students will be introduced to the optimal steps in design and methods used in technical project development. In addition, students will utilize computers for project activities, including calculation software, grafic systems . The subject provides complex knowledge on matters relating to project development, from general design of plant layout to detailed designing of workplace. The course mainly focuses on capacity calculations, fundamental plant layout, detailed technical design of workshops & workplace as well as designing integrated manufacturing sections & assembly lines. Furthermore, it looks at utilizing ergonomy in its project activities and economic evaluation of investment actions. Students will also become familiar with basic principles of project management (application conditions, methods, criteria for success of the project etc.).
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will acquire necessary knowledge from the areas of mechanical engineering workshops designing and material handling. During work on technological project students apply knowledge on machining shop design together with capacities calculation.
Basic knowledge of manufacturing technology (forming and machining technology), as well as basic knowledge of machines and technological equipment used.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Rumíšek, P.: Technologické projekty, Brno, 1991, VUT - učební texty
J.T. BLACK: The Design of the Factory with future, , 0
Rockstroh,W.: Technologické projekty, , 0
Hlavenka,B.: Projektování výrobních systémů,Brno,1987,VUT - učební texty
Milo,P.: Technologické projektovanie v praxi, Bratislava,1983, Alfa Bratislava
Milo,P.: Technologické projekty v praxi, , 0
Vigner,M.-Zelenka,A.-Král,M.: Metodika projektování výrobních procesů,
JEŽKOVÁ, Z., KREJČÍ, H., LACKO, B. a ŠVEC, J. Projektové řízení: Jak zvládnout projekty. Kuřim: Akademické centrum studentských aktivit, 2014, 381 s. ISBN 978-80-905297-1-7.
LACKO, B., ŠVEC, J. a BALATKOVÁ, M. Specifika technických sešitů: Pracovní sešit k publikaci Projektové řízení - Jak zvládnout projekty. Kuřim: Akademické centrum studentských aktivit, 2014. ISBN 978-80-905297-2-4.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through lectures explaining the basic principles and theory of the discipline. Exercises are focused on practical topics presented in lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
The exam has three parts: In the first part the student counts an example from the area of representative models of producing efficiency, in the second part the student solves an example of material store designing, and the third part is a theoretical question from different parts of the subject.
For the evaluation the ECTS is used.
Language of instruction
The main goal of the subject is to provide students with all basic information about designing of industrial plants. The course is divided into different parts: one focusing on designing of workshops and production lines, one concentrating on material handling. Both parts are connected with different technology of mechanical engineering.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance at lectures is checked. The lecture is different each week, that is why an absence may be compensated for in the same week only.
If lecture is missed, student has to complete task based on a teacher agreement.
Type of course unit
17 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Introduction to the subject, theoretical foundations
2. Pre-designing methods and steps
3. Capacity computation and calculation of foundry, forging plant, pressing shop and
4. Designing of production systems
5. Designing of shops for basic production (machining shops)
6. Designing of shops for basic production (foundry, forging plan, pressing and stamping shops, welding shops)
7. Designing of production systems with industrial robots
8. Designing of different kinds of machining shops (grinding shop,geras shop, assembly, cutting shop)
9. Designing of producing lines and integrated producing cells and blocks, basis of the assembly.
10.Detail designing of producing shops
11.Ergonomy in designing
12.Economy and efficiency of technology projects, new directions of the designing
35 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Capacity computing and calculation of the enterprise project (first part)
2. Capacity computing and calculation of the enterprise project (second part)
3. Capacity project and forging plant computing and calculation
4. Machine layout and disposition of the forging cells and forging plant
5. Capacity calculation of the welding shops
6. Capacity calculation of the foundry and pressing plant
7. Capacity calculation of the producing shops
8. Individual projects of machining shops
9. Computing of the producing area and worker's capacity
10. Choosing of machine and equipment by using the machine lists
11. Different kinds of the non-computers methods
12. Proposal of the capacity
13. Economy of projects, software Excel, efficiency of the production, course-unit credits