FEKT-MPC-AUPAcad. year: 2020/2021
The course MPC-AUP is designed for students of second year of graduate studies. It is the last year of university studies and course graduates of MPC-AUP after its completion are to join the development and programming teams to be ready for design and implementation of industrial control systems. The basic pillars of this work is the specification of the electrical components of the technological process, specification of input and output signals, control system design, a price quotation for the user, creating a PLC program, the creation of programs for control and visualization (SCADA / HMI), the design of industrial communication networks and the creation of application of MES system. For these activities must be responsible person able to create a timetable. Theoretical underpinnings is the knowledge of mathematical modeling of complex technological systems, model verification, modeling and numerical aspects of functional safety (IEC 61508 standard and related)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student is able to
- Design and implement a process control by PLC according to the ISA S88 standard
- Use basic functions of manufacturing execution systém
- Design, implement and virtually commission simple robotic cell
The subject knowledge on the Bachelor´s degree level is requested.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Zezulka F.: Automatizační prostředky. Skriptum PC DIR, 2000. (CS)
Zezulka F.: Prostředky průmyslové automatizace, VUTIUM, 2004 (CS)
Prezentace autorů jednotlivých přednášek (CS)
Automatizace procesů, el. učební texty, Zezulka a kolektiv (CS)
Programovatelné automaty v řízení technologických procesů, Jan Pásek, 2007 (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teachning methods include and practical laboratories.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
- 30 points for practice exercise (student is due to work out 5 reports and short tests)
- 70 points for examination
- The exam is in the written form
- To pass the written exam a student needs to get 35 points out of 70 possible
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to automation systems design.
2. Batch processes according to ISA S88
3. Manufacturing Execution Systems I
4. Manufacturing Execution Systems II
5. Mathematical modeling of complex technological systems
6. Selected problems of practical application controllers.
7. Identification of the characteristics of industrial equipment
8. Industry 4.0
9. Industry 4.0
10. Product Lifecycle Management Systems
11. Digital Factory
12. Cloud in automation
13. Introduction to control systems safety
1. Revise basic programming SIMATIC PLC (HW configuration, simple programs in STL), Measurement and processing of analog signals in PLC, including visualization
2. – 5. Tank filling and heating process control implementation in PLC
6. Connecting the PLC program with MES systém
7. – 12. Introduction to Digital Factory, simple robot cell simulation and virtuál commissioning
13. Spare excersise
The aim of the course is to introduce students to the total issues of process automation. Students will learn the basics of design and construction work on projects of automation machinery, production lines and processes. Become familiar with the safety norms, project symbols applied for measurement and control and development procedures for the implementation of systems of measurement, control and automation.
The course provides students with computer support of design work. On the practical demonstration projects and excursions to selected technological processes students become familiar with a particular form of implementation of automation. Laboratory exercises are geared towards PC-based distributed control systems (DCS) applied to software process models. Another part of the exercise is devoted to software systems to support the engineering works.
In the examples of heat exchangers and power units, students practice the conventions of design and brand management principles and power equipment.
A big part of the lectures provide practice management experts of power plant units from the conventional up to nuclear power plants, mathematical modeling of complex technological systems, selected problems of practical application controllers, identifying the characteristics of industrial equipment, case studies of projecting power station.
Lectures terminates introduction to functional safety standard IEC 61508.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Laboratory exercises are compulsory, properly excused missed laboratory exercise is to be replaced after agreement with the teacher
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme MPC-KAM Master's, 2. year of study, winter semester, 7 credits, compulsory