Cisco CCNA Security
FIT-CCSAcad. year: 2018/2019
Designing network topology with security. BPG, MPLS, MPLS VPN and VxVLAN technologies. Multihoming, mobility, renumbering. IPv6 native implementation and transition techniques. Optical networks. Automated network configuration using IPAM, DevOps and NetOps.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Přednáškové text v angličtině.
- Omar Santos, John Stuppi. CCNA Security 210-260 Official Cert Guide. Cisco Press, 2015.
- Anthony Bruno, Steve Jordan. CCDA 200-310 Official Cert Guide, 5th Edition. Cisco Press, 2016.
- Ina Minei, Julian LucekMPLS-Enabled Applications: Emerging Developments and New Technologies. Wiley; 3 edition (Jan. 18 2011)
- Ivan Pepelnjak, Jim Guichard, MPLS and VPN Architectures, 2000 by Cisco Press.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
- Home preparation and hands-on labs (max 26 points).
- Skills exam (max 20 points).
- Final configuration and theoretical test (max 54 points)
- Participation in all hands-on labs.
- Half of points in each activity required for credits.
Language of instruction
The course is focused on advanced networking technologies employed in ISP and telcom networks. It includes interdomain routing, IPv6 transitions technologies, L2 virtual technologies and quality of services. Hands-on lab training will be provided on active network devices and Linux stations.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
- Home preparation and active participation in hands-on labs.
- Missed classes will not be replaced.
Type of course unit
52 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
- Introduction to TCP/IP networking.
- Stateful firewalls, IDS/IPS systems.
- Cisco ASA - Adaptive Security Appliance.
- BGP routing.
- BGP - filering, communities.
- LISP - Locator ID Separation Protocol
- IPv6 in enterprise networks. Transition mechanisms, autoconfiguration.
- MPLS a and packet switching in ISP networks.
- MPLS VPN, ATOM
- Optical connections and links.
- IPAM, automated management, devops