Risk Management of Electrotechnical Devices
FEKT-VOREAcad. year: 2018/2019
The course is focused on identifying, analyzing, evaluating and risk reduction with emphasis on electrotechnical devices. The aim is to response of crisis situation, data analysis and processing, implementation and operational management processes, safety assessment and management.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will be able to understand the terminology, procedures and methods of risk management. Student can apply by the appropriate manner the methods of risk analysis and to assess the threats associated with the operation and implementation of new electrotechnical devices into operation, also with proposal of appropriate safety measures.
Basic knowledge of mathematics and physics.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
TICHÝ, M. Ovládání rizika – analýza a management. Praha, C. H. Beck, 2006, 396 s. ISBN 80-7179-415-5
JANÍČEK, P. Expertní inženýrství v systémovém pojetí. Grada Publishing, Praha 2013. 584 s. ISBN 9788024741277
DOLEŽAL, J. a kol. Projektový management podle IPMA. Grada Publishing 2009, 507 s.
ČSN EN 31010 Management rizik – Techniky posuzování rizik
ČSN EN 50 110-1 Obsluha a práce na elektrických zařízeních
ČSN EN 1050 Bezpečnost strojních zařízení – zásady pro stanovení rizikovosti
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the teaching and are described in Article 7 of the Study and Examination Regulations of BUT.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Evaluation will be in accordance with the Study and Examination Regulation of BUT.
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to the issue of risk
2. Risk management
3. Approaches and methods of the risk analysis of undesirable events
4. Analysis of undesirable events and risk scenario
5. Application of preventive and remedial measures
6. Identification and prevention of highly improbable events
7. Threats and risk monitoring
8. Evaluation and risk assessment
9. Systematic approach to assessment of electrotechnical devices safety management
10. Occupational safety and health associated with electrotechnical devices
11. Management of project risk
12. Operative process management
13. Information safety and security
The aim of study is to acquire knowledge and skills application approaches and methods of risk engineering and risk management which are necessary for the assessment, detection of risk and proposing of safety measures for electrotechnical devices.