Technological Projecting and Logistic
FEKT-MTPLAcad. year: 2018/2019
The course is dedicated to the innovation process, the various stages of design, modeling of production systems, project preparation, methodology, project design and project planning. Students will become familiar with ERP (enterprise resource planning), process design, manufacturing diagrams, designs devices. Other concepts are supply logistics, material handling, logistics tools and technologies. A large part is devoted to the design and manufacture of pre-fabrication, assembly design, method ALB (Assembly line balancing). Feasibility studies, including economic evaluation.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student of Technological projecting and logistics (MTPL) is able to:
- develop and implement a project of using the software MS Project.
- explain and optimize the logistics business.
- describe ISO 14000, EMAS, related standards and their application in business.
- design innovation and new solutions for production.
- create production projects.
- prepare detailed documentation required for the project, including economic evaluation.
The subject knowledge on the Bachelor´s degree level is requested.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Sule, D., R.:Manufacturing Facilities, PWS Boston (EN)
Cedarleaf, J.:Plant Layout and Flow Improvement,Bluecreek, P.C. Washington (EN)
Kališ J., Říha M., MS Office Projekt, CPress (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Practice attendance is obligatory
seminary task - max. 20p
final exam - max 80p
Requirements for successful completion of the subject can be specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Language of instruction
1) Industry 4.0, basic concepts, model RAMI model Industry 4.0, current status in the Czech Republic
2) Industry Tools 4.0. Product structure, data structure, database of information, data sharing in the current time, parallel work on the project.
3) The PDM system as a team collaboration tool, creating and managing product structure, communication and management, and data integration. Data flow management.
4) Modern simulation tools, optimization and sensitivity analysis in production
5) New designs of the manufacturing process, the individual stages of the design.
6) Additive manufacturing technology, 3D printing as part of modern production
7) Methods of industrial property protection, patents, utility models, technology, design
8) Modeling of production systems, design preparation of production.
9) Project solution methodology and project planning.
10) Supply logistics, material handling, logistics tools and technologies
11) Pre-production and production planning.
12) Assembly Design, Assembly Line Balancing (ALB).
13) Feasibility study, including economic assessment.
The aim of the subject is to enlarge the knowledge necessary for projecting electrotechnical production, the knowledge of logistics and fundamentals of project proceedings including the study of feasibility.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme EEKR-M1 Master's
- Programme EEKR-CZV lifelong learning
branch ET-CZV , 1. year of study, winter semester, 6 credits, optional specialized