Laboratory of Electrical Machines and Apparatures
FEKT-MLSPAcad. year: 2018/2019
In this course, students learn about modern methods of measurement of various parameters on electrical machinery and equipment, both using classic instruments and Iza using modern measurement cards. They will learn the basics of creating measuring process using Labview. They will learn the current standards in the field of electrical machinery and apparatus and standardization of measurement. The course is determining measurement errors and their evaluation. Furthermore, zpracovnání quality technical reports of measurements.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student Graduation of the subject is able to:
- Basic measurements on electrical machines and devices
- Create a chart measuring tasks in the Labview environment
- Connected virtual environment Labiview role of the measuring card
- Measure and evaluate temperature on electrical machines and devices in accordance with applicable standards
- Measure and evaluate vibration to electrical machines and devices in accordance with applicable standards
- Process of measurement reports according to current standards
- Evaluate the measurement error and measurement instruments
- Use basic Activity of the imager and ryhlokameou
- Measurements on a current transformer and voltage
- Mastery of specific measuring devices
Required basic knowledge of measurement in elektrotecnice (wiring ammeter voltmeru, power meter, etc.). Furthermore, knowledge of the determination of measurement errors. It should also be familiar with the operation and construction of the main types of electrical machinery and apparatus.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
G. N. Petrov :Elektrické stroje I, II,Akademie Praha 1980
Měřička, Zoubek:Elektrické stroje,SNTL Praha 1993
Havelka O.:Elektrické přístroje,SNTL Praha 1985
Hruška, K. - Bradík, J.:Nejistoty stanovení jakosti a jejich vliv na ztráty, skriptum VUT Brno 1998.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods include lectures and laboratory exercises. The course uses e-learning.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Protocols of measurement - Part electric machines 20 points
Protocols of measurement - Part electrical devices 20 points
Test 1 - 5 points of electrical machines
Test 2 - Electrical apparatus 5 points
Credit - 10 points
Final exam 40 points
Language of instruction
- Introduction to laboratory safety
- Introduction to LabVIEW
- The standards for measuring the electrical machines and devices
- Processing of measurement results, the theory of errors
- Temperature measurement
- Vibration diagnostics of electrical machines
- Measuring current transformer
- Measurement of voltage instrument transformer
- High speed camera
- Measurements with NI measurement cards 1
- Measurements with NI measurement cards 2
Introduction to the special tests according to the national standardts, industrial technical and innovation conditions. Meassurements automation, new meassuring device and computer programs application.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.