Modelling and Computer Simulation
FEKT-KMPSAcad. year: 2018/2019
Simulation and modelling in electronics engineering: technological, element and circuit level. Simulation of technological precesse in microelectronics, modelling. Simulation of electrical behaviour of active elements, characterisation, set-up and use of models. Circuit level simulators, macromodelling.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student is able to:
- describe the process of simulation and creating models at different levels,
- control circuit simulator on the circuit level,
- analyze data based on the results of simulations in OrCAD PSPICE,
- simulate simple or moderately complex circuits and analyze their characteristics.
The student is supposed to have basic knowledge in electronic components (especially transistors, diodes and passive components) and further knowledge of the basic principles and laws of electromagnetism.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Donald O. Pederson, Kartikea Mayaram: Analog Integrated Circuits for Communication, Kluwer Academic Publishers. (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods include lecture and computer excercises.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
- a maximum of 30 points for protocols of computer exercises,
- a maximum of 70 points for the written final exam.
Language of instruction
1) Simulation and modelling in electronics engineering: technological, element and circuit level.
2) Simulation of technological precesse in microelectronics, modelling.
3) Simulation of electrical behaviour of active elements, characterisation, set-up and use of models.
4)Circuit level simulators, macromodelling.
The aim of the course is to familiarize students with the current situation and the basic procedures of modelling and simulation of microelectronics structures, elements and circuits.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Computer exercises are mandatory. Properly excused absence from seminars can be replaced by appointment with the teacher.