Design and CAD
FSI-4KCAcad. year: 2018/2019
The course deals with the fundamentals of design methodology applied to assembly units, i.e. task setting, information acquisition, lay-out of variant, optimal solution, concept lay-out drawing, drawings of parts, lay-out drawing, piece list and technical report. Everything with the possibility of utilizing computer graphics, text editor, and a spreadsheet program. Problem oriented submissions and solution in teams are prefered.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students are trained in creative thinking. They learn how to solve the problem in team with use of individual creative solution.
Knowledge of the appurtenances of component drawings and assembly units. Knowledge of available CAD system.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
SVOBODA, Pavel, BRANDEJS, Jan a DVOŘÁČEK, Jiří. Základy konstruování. Vyd. 6. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2016, 230 s. ISBN 978-80-7204-921-9. (CS)
SVOBODA, Pavel a BRANDEJS, Jan. Výběry z norem pro konstrukční cvičení. Vyd. 5. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2016, 234 s. ISBN 978-80- 7204-838-0. (CS)
JENSEN, Cecil Howard, Jay D HELSEL a Dennis R SHORT. Engineering drawing & design. 7th ed. Boston: McGraw-Hill, 2008, 1 v. ISBN 978-0-07-352151-0. (EN)
FOŘT, Petr a Jaroslav KLETEČKA. Autodesk Inventor: tvorba digitálních prototypů. 3., aktualiz. vyd. Brno: Computer Press, 2012. Učebnice (Computer Press). ISBN 978-80-251-3728-4. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through exercises which are focused on practical topics presented in lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Each team has to present partial results during semester and at the end of semester has to submit complete drawing documentation including technical report of the project. Final classification according to ECTS.
Language of instruction
The aim of the course is a synthesis and practical application of current knowledge acquired in previous study of constructional courses. Students in teams elaborates gradually in given periods a complex project with possibility of full utilization of computer technology. Each team present their project solution in front of other students.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance at seminars is required and controlled. Maximum of two authorized absences without compensation of lesson are tolerated.
Type of course unit
seminars in computer labs
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Design methodology fundamentals, algorithm of constructional project solution. Assignment of a constructional project.
2. Assignment of a constructional project - finish, division into steps, terms, information acquisition, preliminary calculation.
3. Preliminary calculation, proposal drawing. Consultations.
4. Proposal drawing. Consultations.
5. Control calculations, proposal drawing. Consultations.
6. Proposal drawing. Evaluation.
7. Drawings of parts I - Evaluation. Consultations.
8. Drawings of parts. Evaluation.
9. Assembly drawing, piece list, technical report.
10. Drawings of parts II - Evaluation.Assembly drawing, piece list. Technical report. Consultations.
11. Assembly drawing, piece list. Evaluation. Technical report. Consultations.
12. Technical report. Evaluation.
13. Delivery, check of corrections and completeness of the constructional project. Graded course-unit credit.
eLearning: currently opened course