FSI-0PAAcad. year: 2018/2019
The course "Programming for Android" allows students, who are already able to program in object-oriented languages, to gain skills to develop applications for the Android operating system.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Creating of applications for Android operating system.
Knowledge of programming in any object oriented programming language (e.g. C ++, C#), preferably Java.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Lacko Ľ.: Vývoj aplikací pro Android, Computer Press, Brno, 2015 (CS)
Android – API Guides: https://developer.android.com/guide/index.html, 2015 (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught in form of seminars. The basic principles are explained first and then practiced with examples.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Course-unit credit is conditional on an active attendance at seminars.
Language of instruction
The aim of the course is to master the basics of Android applications programming.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance at the seminars is controlled. An absence can be compensated for via solving given problems.
Classification of course in study plans
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
– Introduction, Android operating system, integrated development environments
– The first application, project structure, basic application components
– Activity and its life cycle, Intents, data exchange
– Layouts, design of user interface
– User interaction
– Lists of objects, Fragments
– Resources, using of resources
– Data saving, SQLite database
– Home screen widget application
– Graphics, Multimedia
– Integrated sensors
– Services and Broadcasts, ContentProvider
eLearning: currently opened course