Diploma Project I (M-ADI)
FSI-QDDAcad. year: 2018/2019
The goal of the course is systematic work on specified project. The assignments are concentrated either on the solution of specific technical problems from industry or connected with scientific research projects of faculty. Students will consult their projects with teacher or with industry specialists.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will get skills, which will enable them to solve individually technical tasks and on corresponding level to present their results.
The student needs to have knowledge appropriate courses of theoretical basics of master study programme at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of Technology, Brno
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Literatura dle zadání tématu diplomové práce
Geršlová, J. Metodologie odborné práce [online].
Aktuální směrnice VUT Úprava, odevzdání a zveřejňování závěrečných prací (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through exercises which are focused on practical topics presented in lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Submission of technical report with technical documentation. The student has to be able to explain the suitability of selected solution and applied procedure, objective accuracy of computational and documentation part of the report. Graphical and formal elaboration is evaluated as well.
Language of instruction
The aim is to practice and to verify student’s abilities to apply theoretical knowledge during realization of specific technical solution, to teach students how to get valuable resources from relevant literature and by the help of consultations with specialist, to work out final technical report.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The regular check of assignments and eventual absences are solved individually with project supervisor.
Type of course unit
52 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
02. Aim specifications, the ways of solving of assigned problems and extent of solved problem on the base of consultations
03. Consultations and work on the project
04. Consultations and work on the project
05. Consultations and work on the project
06. Consultations and work on the project
07. Assignment checking
08. Consultations and work on the project
09. Consultations and work on the project
10. Consultations and work on the project
11. Final specifications of report content
12. Consultations and work on the project
13. Project submission and evaluation