Fire Protection and Safety
ÚSI-ERPOBAcad. year: 2018/2019
Subject is aimed at problems of legal and normative regulations in the field of fire safety and at the basics of problems of fire safety assessment in building
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students gain knowledge from legal regulations on fire safety of buildings, acquaint with division of activities according to the fire danger, with duties of legal and bussiness-doing natural persons in the field of fire safety, also acquaint with fire documentation (evacuation plans, alarm directives, etc.) with content and methodology of elaboration of fire-safety solution for industrial and non productive objects.
Basic knowledge of problems of building construction and basic knowledge of building legislation required.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Zákon č. 133/1985 Sb., o požární ochraně ve znění pozdějších předpisů (CS)
Vyhláška č. 246/2001 Sb., o požární prevenci (CS)
Kodex požárních norem řady ČSN 73 08xx (CS)
Zákon č. 183/2006 Sb., stavební zákon (CS)
Studijní opora: Požární bezpečnost staveb, Beneš, Sedláková, Rusinová, Benešová, Švecová: BH011 - Požární bezpečnost staveb, studijní opory, VUT v Brně, FAST, Brno 2015 (CS)
Vyhláška č. 23/2008 Sb., o technických podmínkách požární ochrany staveb (CS)
Vyhláška č. 268/2011Sb., kterou se mění vyhláška č. 23/2008Sb. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching is carried out through lectures and seminars. Lectures consist of interpretations of basic principles, methodology of given discipline, problems and their exemplary solutions. Seminars particularly support practical mastery of subject matter presented in lectures or assigned for individual study with the active participation of students.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Attendance in seminars, one successful test and elaboration of semestral work is necessary to gain the credit. Exam is written, in the form of test.
Language of instruction
1. Legal regulations on fire prevention
2. Duties of all natural persons at Fire Prevention division
3. Division of activities according to fire danger
4. Duties of legal and bussiness-doing natural persons at Fire Prevention division, offences, sanctions, compensations of damages for physical, legal and bussiness-doing natural persons at Fire Prevention division
5. Fire documentation (evacuation plans, fire regulations and similar)
6. Introduction to problems of fire safety of buildings, regulations concerning fire safety of buildings
7. Content of the fire safety solution for building
8. Basic principles of fire safety solutions for building at non-productive objects
9. Basic principles of fire safety solutions for building at productive objects and buildings
10. Fire equipment – substantive means of fire protection, reserved types of fire equipment
11. Fire equipment – fire safety equipment
12. Professional competence, employee training, authorisation - discretions and duties at activities in the fire protection division
13. Backup, lecture by a specialised company
Goal of this course is to acquaint students with the problems of fire safety in buildings in relation to administration and maintenance of buildings.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance in seminars will be compulsory and will be checked.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme REI_P Master's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory