Analysis of Road Accidents I
ÚSI-EDAN1Acad. year: 2018/2019
The subject acquaints students with the basics of vehicle movement mechanics, with system concept of the road accident analysis and it teaches them applying this knowledge to particular situations.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching is carried out through lectures and seminars. Lectures consist of interpretations of basic principles, methodology of given discipline, problems and their exemplary solutions. Seminars particularly support practical mastery of subject
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Credit conditions - obtaining at least 150 points out of 200 possible (2 × 50 continuous test in about the 5th and 9th week of the semester, 100 per semester project).
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to road accident analysis, primary quantities and units
2. Basic relations, Laws of Motion, forces affecting the vehicles, ride in curve, safe distance
3. Types of tire tracks, collecting the data at the site of accident and measuring technology
4. Movement of splinters, movement of vehicle through the air, transverse transfer and overtaking
5. Element “person” – biometrical data, driver’s reaction time, movement parameters, sensory perception, alertness
6. Element “vehicle”
7. Element “surroundings” – shapes and parameters of the communication, accident site inspection, expert and investigative experiment
8. Braking, start, brakes delay, acceleration
9. Correspondence of the damage analysis, run-out
10. Diagrams for road accident analysis – graph trajectory – time, other used diagrams, area of blocked view
11. Interval diagrams, sequences and averting the accident
12. Road accident with pedestrians
13. Road accident with bicyclists
Goal of this subject is to obtain theoretical basis of the road accident analysis and to learn to apply these theoretical findings in practice. Going through this course is a condition for studying Road accident analysis II.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance is checked in attendance sheet.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme EID_P Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory
Type of course unit
eLearning: currently opened course