Studio IV - Graphic Design 1- winter
FaVU-B4GD-ZAcad. year: 2018/2019
The Studio of Graphic Design must be the space, monitor and connector of contemporary graphic design.
1. The studio is a shared space for experimenting, enthusiasm and reflection.
2. The studio is lead by active designers who work within the context of contemporary graphic design scene.
3. The relationship of students and teachers is based on equality, openness of discussion and constructive approach and includes active transmission of information and development of thinking.
4. Students are unique individuals able to define themselves and their work. We encourage students to express themselves verbally both in spoken and written form.
5. Students are proud of working in academic space and are taught to be responsible for their own work.
The Monitor (monitoring)
1. Students actively analyze the assignment, search adequate forms and usage of various media, and define concepts and the scale of their work. We are primarily interested in the process of critical analysis and its through documentation.
2. The regular studio discussions and lectures do not only focus on studio issues. We invite external professionals on a regular basis.
3. The studio team communicates and cooperates both on the internal and the external basis. The designer operates as a guide, analyse the overlaps of graphic design and visual communication towards other disciplines.
4. The teachers transmit a maximum of their knowledge and encourages the student to further learning.
1. We cooperate with other Czech and international academic spaces (studios).
2. We effectively use the study offer not only within the FFA; we also take part in interdisciplinary lectures, professional conferences, field trips, independent cultural projects, etc.
3. We activate and create spaces for presenting our studio (organizing exhibitions and other creative SELF projects).
4. We publish our students’ work and further help them to present it.
5. We encourage international exchanges of students.
6. Students are invited to participate in the teachers’ activities.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
At the end of their studies, students will have become professional graphic designers who can creatively approach various types of commissions.
Ability to define an assignment of the BA exam project.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Literatura podle zaměření bakalářské práce.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Credit conditions: completed semester assignments, regular consultations, regular attendance (max. 2 absences)
Exam conditions: completed semester exam project
Language of instruction
During the semestrer, students will be given a wide spectrum of assignments.
Assignment of bachelor work.
Students will learn how to define themselve and their work and actively analyse forms and media of graphic design. We encourage conceptual thinking and research in the overlaps of graphic design and visual communication towards the humanities and other disciplines. Students learn to work in team and seek appropriate forms of communication with various colleagues and clients.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Lessons are mandatory.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme Bachelor's
branch AGD1 , 4. year of study, winter semester, 15 credits, compulsory