Technology of Road and Street Construction (R)
FAST-CM056Acad. year: 2017/2018
Principles and main parts of machines, mechanisms and plants. Technological processes, main mechanisms and their usage in earth works, improved subgrade, base course of unbound materials, stabilised and hydraulically bound materials, asphalt courses and Portland cement pavements. Technology of mixing, transportation, construction, compaction and quality control are presented. Furthermore pavement maintenance, repair and recycling technology and mechanisms are presented. Main mistakes in road constructions are documented. In exercises each student individually prepares the system of mechanisms for specified earth works, bitumen courses and different details of road and street construction.
Institute of Road Structures (PKO)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students get knowledge of road construction technologies, used tools, mechanisms, device and plants with planning of the systems of these devices for construction and maintenance of roads and streets.
Knowledge of subjects: Technology of building constructures. Managemnet of constructions.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. The system of regulations and road construction technologies, principles of tools, machines and plants
2. Earth work technology and machines
3. Soil improvement and stabilization, treated mixtures in subgrade
5. Unbond, cement bound and grouted materials - technology of constructions
6. Hot mix asphalts
7. Surface treatments
8. Portland cement pavement technology
9. Brick and panel pavements, details of pavements with other engineering construction
10. Rehabilitation and recycling of pavements
The knowledge of road construction technologies, used tools, mechanisms, device and plants with planning of the systems of these devices for construction and maintenance of roads and streets.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans