Advanced Sewerage and WWTP
FAST-CP056Acad. year: 2017/2018
The course introduces students to selected issues of drainage and waste water from urbanized areas. The course related to broader issues solved within the course “Sewerage and Wastewater Treatment”. The course is established on basic general subjects, such as “Hydraulics” and “Hydrology”.
Institute of Municipal Water Management (VHO)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will manage aim of course: planning, design, operating and rehabilitation of sewer networks and WTP
Hydrology, Hydroinformatics, Hydraulics, Sewerage, WWTP
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
2. Design of vacuum sewerage.
3. Design of pressure sewerage. The transport of waste water - pumping equipment in sewer networks.
4. Energy performance of sewer networks.
5. Survey and evaluation of the technical conditions of sewer networks.
6. Modern technology use in waste water treatment plant to 50 EP.
7. Modern technology use in city waste water treatment.
8. Membrane processes.
The primary purpose of this course is to review the current of art in urban drainage, with emphasis on drainage impacts on the receiving waters, means of impact mitigation and implementation of the national standards and management programs. The subject brings groudings about Planning, Design, Operation, Rehabilitation of Sewer systems and information about hydroinformatics tools.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans