Selected Chapters of Landscape Water Management
FAST-CS001Acad. year: 2017/2018
Selected chapters from operative hydrology focused on neural network and uncertainties of measurement.
Selected chapters from fluvial geomorphology, river restoration.
Selected parts from hydropedology and basics of modeling of pedology.
Institute of Landscape Water Management (VHK)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student gains overview of actual problems in water management and the ways of their solution. Each student works on individual solution of selected partial tasks.
Hydrology, hydraulics, reservoirs and water management systems, soil science and irrigation, river basin protection, drainage structures, ponds, land consolidation.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Uncertainty of measured hydrologic data
2. Artificial intelligence methods and their use in water management
3. - 4. Artificial neural networks and their properties and applications to specific tasks
5. - 6. Basics of fluvial geomorphology, application in landcape water management
7. - 8. Small water courses restoration, problems and obstacles, subsidy programmes, model projects
9. Pedotransfer functions and creation of the database HYPRES, software HYDRUS
10. - 11. Introduction to modeling in pedology, pedogenetic models, models of porous systems
12. Infiltration, variability of hydropedological variables
13. Selected lecture on the topic of current practice
Overview of actual problems in water management and the ways of their solution, individual solution of selected partial tasks
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans