Public Structural Investments
FAST-TV06Acad. year: 2017/2018
The main focus of the course is the methodical suggestion of possibilities of elaboration of the feasibility study for public orders. Feasibility study is set into wider social frame, it leans on the development strategy of towns, town planning schemes, labour market etc. Then it leans on possibilities to obtain investment funds from native or foreign sources (the EU) – structural funds and evaluation of the efficiency of the public investment, achievement of its technical and economical parameters and fulfilling assigned objectives, regarding the specific features of towns’ economy.
Institute of Structural Economics and Management (EKR)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge about creation of feasibility study and eCBA public structure project.
Knowledge about creation of feasibility study in private sector.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
JACSON, Peter McLeod a BROWN, Charles Victor: Public sector economics. Michigan univerzity: Blackwell, 1999. ISBN 0631141219, 9780631141211. (EN)
KORYTÁROVÁ, Jana, FRIDRICH Jaroslav a PUCHÝŘ Bohumil: Ekonomika investic. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, s.r.o., 2002. ISBN 80-214-2089-8. (CS)
JACSON, Peter McLeod a BROWN, Charles Victor: Ekonomie veřejného sektoru. Praha: EUROLEX BOHEMIA – edice ekonomie, 2003. ISBN 80-86432-09-2. (CS)
OCHRANA, František; PAVEL, Jan; VÍTEK, Leoš a kolektiv: Veřejný sektor a veřejné finance - Financování nepodnikatelských a podnikatelských aktivit. GRADA Publishing, a.s., 2010. ISBN 978-80-247-3228-2. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Public and private sector (Pareto’s optimum, view of the efficiency)
2. Economic terms used in public projects (benefit, incomes, revenues, costs, expenditures, efficiency)
3. Basic methods of economic evaluation of public projects
4.–5. Cost-benefit analysis (CBA)
6. Time value of money, indexes of economic efficiency (NPV, IRR, FRR, ERR, B/C, …)
7. Risks and uncertainties (inflation expecting, states of the world)
8. Analysis of the sensitivity and probability
9. Financial resources for the public financing (domestic – public budgets, foreign – funding foreign resources, institutions)
10. Public orders submission – Act No. 137/2006 Coll., on Public Contracts
11.–12. Public business competition
13. Public orders evaluation. Choice of the best order (supply price, economic suitability)
Goal of this subject is to give enough information for independent work on feasibility study for project financed by public sources.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.