Communication and Rhetorics
FAST-GZ53Acad. year: 2017/2018
Theory and praxis of rhetorics and communication, principles of sufficient communication, the personality of speaker, personality types, temperament, character, communication process, types of communication, social communication, nonverbal communication, communication in high standard, managing a variety of communication speech, public speech, diction-respiration, phonation, articulation, preparation of the content and from of a speech-principles of communication between people, language and stylistic means, nonverbal means, segmentation of a speech, monologues and dialogues forms of public speech, regresion of stress.
Institute of Social Sciences (SPV)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
General information rhetorics and principles of communication, preparation of the content and from of a speech-principles of communication between people. Practical use of the gained knowledge and experience by means of self-reflexion test in the from of so called public speech using video.
The subject extends the knowledge gained in the course of secondary education, therefore no other technical in the high education course is required, enjoy the communication theory is wellcomed, knowledge of general psychology, experiences of speech, recognising of other peoples' speech, motivation to self-communication improving.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
KOHOUT, Jaroslav: Rétorika - umění mluvit a jednat s lidmi. Praha: Management Press, 2002. ISBN 80-7261-072-4.
HARVEY, Christine: Jak vystupovat na veřejnosti a získat důvěru posluchačů. Praha: Management Press, 1994. ISBN 80-85603-69-1.
KOHOUTEK, Rudolf, ŠTĚPANÍK, Jaroslav, KUNOVSKÝ, Jan: Základy psychologie pro techniky. Brno: Cerm, 1994. ISBN 80-85867-42-7. (CS)
EHRENBORG, Jöns: Přesvědčivé vystupování. Praha: Management Press, 1995. ISBN 80-85603-97-7.
KING, Larry: Nebojte se mluvit. Praha: Ivo Železný, 1999. ISBN 80-237-2411-8.
ŠPAČKOVÁ, Alena: Moderní rétorika. Praha: Grada, 2009. ISBN 978-80-247-2965-7. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to social sciences. Its importance for theory and praxis in civil engineering.
2. Social psychology and its place in personal life. Psychological terminology. Memory, speech and mind.
3. Methods of psychological and communication research. Dialog, questionnaire, anamnesis. Education and self-education. The influence of environment on personality.
4. Personality, general questions and structure of personality. Temperament and character. Types of personality.
5. Development and formation of the personality. Age periods of the personality development. Biological and sociological determination of the personality.
6. Communication and rhetorics nowadays, its using in proffesional praxis and personal life.
7. Principles of good public speech. Diction-respiration, phonation, articulation.
8. Preparation of the content and from of the speech-principles of communication between people.
9. Language and stylistic means. Speaker. The Czech language in speech.
10. Body language-facial expression, gestures, positions.
11. Segmentation of the speech. Quality of the public speech. Ways to stress-managing.
12. The most common spoken and written discourses in practical life. Monologues and dialogues.
13. Practical use of the gained knowedge and experience by means of self-reflexion test in the from of so called public speech using video.
General information rhetorics and principles of communication, preparation of the content and from of a speech-principles of communication between people. Practical use of the gained knowedge and experience by means of self-relexion test in the from of so called "public speech" using video.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme B-P-C-GK Bachelor's
branch G , 3. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, optional
- Programme B-K-C-GK Bachelor's
- Programme B-P-C-GK Bachelor's
branch GI , 3. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, optional