FSI-VAPAcad. year: 2017/2018
The course is intended to deepen the basic knowledge of electrical engineering and automatic control equipments and to supplement it with specific problems accompanying the use of electronics for automatic control and informatics. Especially it includes the application of operational amplifiers, application of logical integrated circuits, solutions of microcomputer devices for digital control, power supply backup, disturbance, etc.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge of specific problems in electronics for purposes of automatic control and informatics.
Students are expected to have knowledge of automatic control, hardware of computer and modeling.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
NĚMEC, Z.: Aplikovaná elektronika. Studijní opora pro obor Aplikovaná informatika a řízení. VUT Brno, FSI, ÚAI. 2016.
Punčochář, J.: Operační zesilovače v elektronice. Praha, BEN 1996.
Dokumentace k simulačnímu prostředí Multisim 7. Dostupné z internetu.
Peroutka,O.: Mikrokontroléry PIC16C7X. BEN, Praha, 1998.
Bolton, W. Mechatronics: electronic control systems in mechanical and electrical engineering, 2003.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through lectures explaining the basic principles and theory of the discipline. Teaching is suplemented by practical laboratory work.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Course-unit credit requirements: participation in seminars.
Examination requirements: written exam with 11 answers related to the topics of the course.
Language of instruction
Course objective: To acquaint students with electronic components and devices often used in automation and informatics.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance at lectures is recommended, attendance at seminars is required. It is at the teacher’s discretion to decide how to make up for missed seminars.
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
2. Passive electronic components
3. Semiconductor devices
4. Operational amplifiers
5. Integrated circuits for digital technology
6. Microcomputers and microcontrollers
7. Direct-current power sources
8. Electronic circuits for automation and iformatics
9. Electrical perturbative influences.
labs and studios
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Introduction to use of simulation by Multisim
2. On-off and impulse DC motor regulation
3. Design and analysis DC power source
4. Simulation of PID controllers with operational amplifiers
5. Special electronics problems in automation
6. Filters, filtration on analogue signals
7. Electric signal propagation on bus (on conduction)
8. Multiplex, demultiplex, data serial transmission
9. Application of measurement device
10. Controlled drive with changers frequence