FSI-HVSAcad. year: 2017/2018
The course deals with the following topics: Types of machines for metal forming and for machining. It describes the machine parts and their basic elements, function of machines, possibilities of machines for technological using for machining and metal forming processes. Also dealt with is the evaluation of machining and forming machines as well as the technical and performance parameters and the usability of machines.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will be made familier with the basic types manufacturing machines and their use in the respective field. They will master calculation necessary for the choice of machine as well as its size.
Knowledge of machining and forming technologies. Knowledge of pfysical, static, kinematic and dynamic rules. Knowledge of stress analysis. Basic knowledge of mechanization and automation. Application of machines in production lines.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Rudolf,B., Kopecký,M. Tvářecí stroje, SNTL Praha, 1979 (CS)
Novotný,K.:: Výrobní stroje-tváření, , 0 (CS)
Hýsek, R.:: Tvářecí stroje, , 0 (CS)
Schuler. Handbuch der Umformtechnik, Springer, 1996 (DE)
BERNÍK P. a PÍČ J. Obráběcí stroje - konstrukce a výpočty. 2. vydání. Praha: SNTL, 1986. ISBN 04-235-86. (CS)
MAREK JIŘÍ A KOLEKTIV. Konstrukce CNC obráběcích strojů III. MM speciál. Praha:MM publishing, s.r.o.,2014. s.610. ISBN: 978-80-260-6780-1. (CS)
WECK MANFRED und BRECHER CHRISTIAN. Werkzeugmaschinen Konstruktion und Berechnung. Berlin: Springer-Verlag Berlin, 2006. ISBN 978-3-540-22502-7. (DE)
Design of CNC machine tools http://www.cnckonstrukce.cz/english-version-of-the-book.html (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through lectures explaining the basic principles and theory of the discipline. Teaching is suplemented by practical laboratory work.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Course unit credit requirements:
-participation in the exercises,
-delivery of assigned papers.
The exam will be written and oral and the resulting classification will be in accordance with Article 12 and 13 of the current BUT Study and Examination Regulations.
It is classificated to the ECTS grading scale.
Language of instruction
The aim of course is to provide the students with an overview of machines used for forming and machinning, their function, properties and their usability in the industry
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance in exercises is necessary. Missed lessons may be compensated for via a make-up tasks by arrangement with the teacher.
Attendance in lectures is recommended.
Attendance in exercises is compulsory.
The attendance to the seminar is regularly checked and the participation in the lesson is recorded.
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Kinds of machine for machining, parameters.
2. Lathes - kinds, using, parameters.
3. Milling machines - kinds, using.
4. Grinding machines - kinds.
5. Special machines for machining.
6. NC machine for machining, automation and mechanisation of producing machines.
7.Types of forming machines, parameters, rigidity.
8. Driving device and mechanism of forming machines, work safety.
9. Hydraulic presses - kinds, principle, the main parts.
10.Accumulators of hydraulic presses, multiplier, kinds of pumps.
11.Hammers - kinds, principle.
12.Crank shaft presses - principle, kinds, main parts.
13.Machine for sheet metal treatment.
labs and studios
39 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Driving devices of machine for machining.
2. Mechanism of feed, systems of gear, characteristics.
3. Cutting forces, measurements and evaluation.
4. Clutches - using.
5. Ball screw - loading, characteristic.
6. Evaluation iof power output of machine for machining.
7. Visit in factory.
8. Determination of deformation velocity for various forming machines.
9. Measurement of rigidity at forming machines and evaluation.
10. Determination of forming force behaviour in dependence on position of crank shaft.
11. Determination of conditions for forging on hammer.
12. Practical demonstration at forming machine visiting of working shop.
13. Evaluation of power output of forming machines.