Manufacturing Machines Technology
FSI-GV0-AAcad. year: 2017/2018
This course is concerned with up-to-date approaches in the analysis, planning and control of investments into production machines and systems in relation to the integration and optimisation conceptions and methods.
Offered to foreign students
Of all faculties
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will learn to analyse production machines and systems from the point of up-to date conception and methods and use them in the production machines and systems design, projection,
planning and application.
Student should have knowledge from design and control of production
machines and systems and university mathematics and physics.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Bělohoubek, P.: Manufacturing Machines Technology. Publikace - studijní opora VUT-FSI, Brno, 2004.
Bělohoubek, P.: Design and Control of Industrial Robots Optimisation. Studijní opora VUT-FSI, Brno, 2005.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through lectures explaining the basic principles and theory of the discipline. Exercises are focused on practical topics presented in lectures. According to the possibility of teaching can be organized lectures for students by practitioners and excursions to companies focused on activities related to the course content.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Condition for a course-unit credit awarding:
1. 100 % attendance at seminars (in special cases it is possible to compensate by assigning
2. Checking activity of students on the term project.
3. Final course examination includes the following parts:
1) Evaluation of project.
2) Evaluation of knowledege from this subject based on the semestral project.
Language of instruction
This subject will provide students with knowledge about up-to-date integration
and optimisation trends in machines and production systems design and application.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Checking knowledge at seminars in the frame of the term project.
Attendance at seminars will be checked.
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Targets of investments in the production company. Stages of projection and
realisation of investments. Risk and oportunity management.
2. Robot application in the world for given technologies.
3. Dividing, design and projection of production systems.
4. Integration and optimisation conceptions and methods: Reengineering, Logistics, TQM, CIM, Intelligent approach, System of quality management, Management, Fractal approach etc.
5. Influence of machines and robots design and control on their function accuracy.
6. Intelligent machines, robots and production systems.
7. Up-to-date production systems and robotic technologies.
8. Mechatronic approach in the production machines and systems design and control.
9. Up-to-date trends in the economy of production systems.
10. Up-to-date trends in the safety of production machines and systems.
11. Up-to-date trends in the production planning and management in production systems.
12. Using of positive examples in the field of human and team work preparation and improvement and for the development of up-to-date technologies and machines
13. Reengineering in the production systems and robotics in according Industry 4.0.
13 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1.-13. At seminars students will work out a term project on the assigned topic from
Reengineering of production machines and systems design, projection and application with using of positive examples (patterns) from nature in the field of innovation of higher grades.
Example of the term project assignment:
Analyses and application of reengineering of the future product development and optimisation
for the developing world markets (solved by French students):
1) Reengineering steps (sales service, value analysis, brainstorming, specification, examples)
2) The influence of reengineering on company (methods department, quality department,
purchasing department etc.)
3) Business and management aspects (strategy, changes management, reengineering of the team
4) Using of positive examples for the improvement and innovation of higher grades etc.