FSI-GRIAcad. year: 2017/2018
The course familiarises students with basic principles of quality management and quality assurance in a company.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course on Quality Management enables students to obtain knowledge of creation of the system of quality management and assurance in an enterprise and its audit and certification. Also dealt with are the ways of quality assurance in development, manufacturing and assembling stages of a product creation, as well as application of suitable methods.
Student should have basic knowledge of design of machines.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Töpfer, A. a kol.: Six Sigma. Computer Press, Brno, 2008, ISBN 978-80-251-1766-8 (CS)
ČSN EN ISO 9001. Systémy managementu kvality: Požadavky. Praha: Úřad pro technickou normalizaci, metrologii a státní zkušebnictví, 2016. (CS)
ČSN EN ISO 9000. Systémy managementu kvality: Základní principy a slovník. Praha: Úřad pro technickou normalizaci, metrologii a státní zkušebnictví, 2016. (CS)
Imai, M.: Kaizen. Computer Press, Brno, 2007, ISBN 978-80-251-1621-0 (CS)
ČSN EN ISO 14001. Systémy environmentálního managementu: Požadavky s návodem pro použití. Praha: Úřad pro technickou normalizaci, metrologii a státní zkušebnictví, 2016. (CS)
ČSN EN IEC 60812. Analýza způsobů a důsledků poruch (FMEA a FMECA). Druhé vydání. Praha: Úřad pro technickou normalizaci, metrologii a státní zkušebnictví, 2019. (CS)
ČSN EN 61025. Analýza stromu poruchových stavů (FTA). Praha: Český normalizační institut, 2007. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through lectures explaining the basic principles and theory of the discipline. Exercises are focused on practical topics presented in lectures. According to the possibility of teaching can be organized lectures for students by practitioners and excursions to companies focused on activities related to the course content.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Course-unit credit is conditional on 100% attendance at laboratory practicals and approved reports. Examination has a written and an oral part and tests student’s knowledge and his/her ability to apply it in practice.
Language of instruction
The course on Quality Management familiarises students with basic principles of quality management and assurance in an enterprise. The objective of the course is to acquaint the students with the European standards for quality management and assurance and with methods of quality assurance from pre-production stages of a new product development.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
1. 100% attendance at practicals.
2. Working out of semester project.
3. Presentation and defense of semester project.
Classification of course in study plans
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Terms and definitions
2. Context of the organization
3. Leadership of the organisation
4. Quality planning - QFD
5. Quality planning - System FMEA
6. Quality planning - FTA
7. Support processes of Quality Management
8. Operation processes of Quality Management - SPC
9. Performance evaluation
10. Improvement of processes - KAISEN
11. Improvement of processes - DOE
12. Improvement of processes - Process FMEA
13. Presenation and defence of semestral project
13 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
Lessons are organised in modules of 2 hours every 2 weeks.
1. Practical application of QFD method
2. Practical application of FTA method
3. Practical application of FMEA method
4. Assignment of semester projects
5. Consultations to semester projects.
6. Consultations to semester projects.
7. Presentation of semester projects + course-unit credit awarding