Design and Technology of Audio-electronic devices
FEKT-JNKZAcad. year: 2017/2018
It is an interpretation of basic principles of design and construction of low-frequency devices in a broader context. The classes are used CAD programs. The course covers the most widely used method of external design and simulation of various devices for audio and expanded recommendations for the design of low-frequency devices.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student of subject Design and construction of audio technology will understand the broader issue of external design and construction of equipment for audio equipment. Active knowledge of the design and construction of audio technology is a prerequisite for the effective use and real possibilities of these devices. Student will be able to understand the essential parts of the device, its design and diagnosis. Students gain a wider context, especially in the following areas:
- Basic principles of low-frequency devices and electronic circuits, electronic components for the implementation of audio circuits.
- Mixers, analysis of individual parts, tube amplifiers, echo, effects amplifiers, line amplifiers.
- Noise Cancellators, dolby, circuits for adjusting the dynamics of audio signals.
- Active and passive frequency crossover networks.
- Power supply circuits for nízkofrekvenčí technique, linear and switching power for audio equipment, power distribution.
- Protection and auxiliary circuits, A/D and D/A converters for audio equipment, communication interface I2S, TDM.
- Construction of low-frequency devices.
Students should have basic knowledge of mathematics and electrical engineering, which gets in the mandatory subjects in the previous study. Their graduating is not a prerequisite for registration of this subject.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Biolek, D. Řešíme elektronické obvody aneb kniha o jejich analýze. Vydavatelství technické literatury BEN, Praha 2004. (CS)
Láníček, R. Elektronika, obvody – součástky -děje. Vydavatelství technické literatury BEN, Praha 2002. (CS)
Douglas, S. Small Signal Audio Design. Focal Press, 2010. ISBN 978-0-240-52177-0. (EN)
Douglas, S. et al, Audio Engineering: Know It All. Newnes, 2008. ISBN 978-1856175265. (EN)
Sinclar, I. Audio and Hi-Fi Handbook. Newnes, 2000. ISBN 978-0750649759. (EN)
Eargle, J. The Microphone Book, 2nd ed. Focal Press, 2004. ISBN 978-0-240-51961-6. (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
0-30 points - laboratories
0-70 points – written exam, compulsory part of the completion of the course
Exam is focused to verify the orientation of the basic problems facing the design and construction of audio technology, the characterization of systems analysis and synthesis of simple audio systems.
Language of instruction
1. Basic principles of low-frequency devices.
2. Basic of electronic circuits for low-frequency technology
3. Electronic components for the implementation of audio circuits.
4. Mixers, analysis of individual parts.
5. Tube amplifiers.
6. Echos, effects amplifiers.
7. Line amplifiers.
8. Noise Cancellators, dolby.
9. Circuits for adjusting the dynamics of audio signals.
10. Active and passive frequency crossover networks.
11. Power supply circuits for nízkofrekvenčí technique, linear and switching power for audio equipment, power distribution.
12. Protection and auxiliary circuits, A/D and D/A converters for audio equipment, communication interface I2S, TDM.
13. Construction of low-frequency devices.
The goal of subject is to deepen existing and students gain practical knowledge-based theoretical knowledge with examples of design and construction of electronic circuits and systems for low-frequency technology, including computer simulation, modeling and design. Connects to and knowledge of several courses with an emphasis on engineering solutions.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.