FEKT-TPNACompulsoryBachelor's (1st cycle)Acad. year: 2015/2016Winter semester1 year of study7 credits
Concept, structure and system of law, basic legal terminology, sources of law, legal methods, legal relations, liability in law, principles of functioning of a legal state.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Upon the completion of this course, student: - understands the basic legal concepts, institutes and principles - interprets the legal prescriptions - analyses the legal system and its functions - categorizes the beginning set of knowledge that is indispensable for the study of positive legal subjects - uses the general legal terminology - has a good command of legal thinking and work with legal texts.
This course is relatively independent on other parts of the programme, so no prerequisites are required.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course consists of lectures and self-study supported by course-books.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
The course is concluded by a written in-class exam consisting of closed and opened questions – required score for pass is at least 60% of points.
Language of instruction
1. Concept and system of law
2. Sources of Law.
3. Legal Norm, Concept, Structure and Elements.
4. Classification of Legal Norms and their Features.
5. Interpretation of Law.
6. Implementation of legal norms. Concepts of Legal Relationship.
7. Legal Facts as Presumptions of Legal Relationships.
8. Subjects, Objects and Contents of Legal Relationship.
9. Application of Law.
10. Legal Responsibility.
11. Legal State as a Expression of Relation between State and Law.
12. Fundamental Methodological Approaches to Law.
13. Operation of Law in Society, Law and Values.
The course aims to make students oriented in fundaments of legal terminology, structure and functioning of the system of law as well as with basic methods that are used in dominant fields of private and public law. This course is an introductory basis for further courses in various particular fields of law in this programme.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Study requirements will be published annually by the guarantor of the course.