Long-term residence permit
The purpose of „STUDIES“
An application for a long term residence can be filed at a Czech Embassy abroad.
Long-term residence permit for the purpose of study is intended for foreigners who will study in the Czech Republic for a period longer than three months in a study program longer than one year.
- completed application form
- 2 photographs
- travel document (no older than 10 years)
- document confirming the purpose of the stay in the Czech Republic
- proof of accommodation
- funds to cover the stay in the Czech Republic
It is necessary to prove the availability of funds that are 15 times the amount of the existential minimum (currently it is set at 2200 CZK) for the first month and double the amount of the existential minimum for every month afterwards, thus, for instance, for a stay from 1 January – 30 June it would be (15x2200) + (5x2x2200) = 33 000 + 22 000 = 55 000 CZK.
Upon request of the administrative body the applicant also submits:
- document similar to the Register of Criminal Records
- document proving the fulfilment of conditions set out in the measure of Ministry of Health on prevention of the spread of infectious illnesses (medical report)
- document on travel medical insurance (in case of visa issuance)
An application for a long-term residence permit for the purpose of “studies” is processed within 60 days of it being filed.
The validity of the long-term residence permit for the purpose of “studies” in the Czech Republic (§ 42d) can be repeatedly extended, but no longer than by 2 years, if it was issued for the purpose of “studies” at a higher education establishment .
Responsibility: Mgr. Marta Vaňková