Long-term residence permit
The purpose of „STUDIES“
An application for a long term residence can be filed at a Czech Embassy abroad.
Long-term residence permit for the purpose of study is intended for foreigners who will study in the Czech Republic for a period longer than three months in a study program longer than one year.
- completed application form
- 2 photographs
- travel document (no older than 10 years)
- document confirming the purpose of the stay in the Czech Republic
- proof of accommodation
- funds to cover the stay in the Czech Republic
Upon request of the administrative body the applicant also submits:
- document similar to the Register of Criminal Records
- document proving the fulfilment of conditions set out in the measure of Ministry of Health on prevention of the spread of infectious illnesses (medical report)
- document on travel medical insurance (in case of visa issuance)
If the insurance is taken out abroad, an officially certified translation into the Czech language of the insurance contract and the general insurance conditions shall also be submitted at the same time. The proof of premium payment shall also be provided upon request.
An application for a long-term residence permit for the purpose of “studies” is processed within 60 days of it being filed.
The validity of the long-term residence permit for the purpose of “studies” in the Czech Republic (§ 42d) can be repeatedly extended, but no longer than by 2 years, if it was issued for the purpose of “studies” at a higher education establishment .
Based on a protective measure of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic is required that the third-country nationals have to submit the confirmation (Confirmation of an entity receiving in the territory of the Czech Republic a third country citizen for the purpose of economic activity or educational activity) along with an application for a residence permit (or long-term visa), prior to marking the visa in the travel document at the latest, at the respective Embassy or Consulate of the Czech Republic. Please contact directly your faculty coordinator (short-term studies, degree studies in English, degree studies in Czech).
The project „Student Mode“ is the concept of visa facilitation for students-foreigners from selected third countries who are admitted to study at Universities in the Czech Republic. The function of Student Mode is to accelerate access to the relevant embassy for an applicant seeking a long-term visa/residence permit for the purpose of studies. Placing an applicant on the list of the Student Mode does not guarantee a positive processing of the visa application. For further detailed information please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to be nominated for the Student Mode?
- If you want to be nominated for the Student Mode please contact directly your faculty coordinator (short term studies).
- If you want to be nominated for the Student Mode please contact directly your faculty coordinator (degree studies in English or Czech).
What should I do when I have been accepted?
- Please prepare all documents for submitting your application at the Czech embassy.
- Be ready and wait for an e-mail or call from the Czech embassy.
- If you do not submit all the required documents you will be automatically removed from the Student Mode.
Student Mode covers the following countries.
Responsibility: Mgr. Marta Vaňková