Visa for a stay of over 90 days (long-term visa)
The purpose of „STUDIES“
An application for a long-term visa for over 90 days can be filed at a Czech Embassy abroad.
A long-term visa for the purpose of studies is issued for a period that is demonstrated with the confirmation of studies, however, not longer than 1 year.
- application form
- travel document (original)
- 2 photographs, not necessary if a pictorial recording has been made of the foreign national,
- proof of accommodation
- document on enrolment in studies (Letter of Acceptance)
- proof of funds
upon request you are further obliged to submit
- document similar to an extract from the Penal Register record, issued by the state of which you are a citizen, as well as the states in which, in the last 3 years, you have resided continuously for a period longer than 6 months
- document proving the fulfilment of conditions set out in the measure of Ministry of Health on prevention of the spread of infectious illnesses
- proof of medical travel insurance (in case of visa issuance)
If the insurance is taken out abroad, an officially certified translation into the Czech language of the insurance contract and the general insurance conditions shall also be submitted at the same time. The proof of premium payment shall also be provided upon request.
You can also find all documents here.
Based on a protective measure of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic is required that the third-country nationals have to submit the confirmation (Confirmation of an entity receiving in the territory of the Czech Republic a third country citizen for the purpose of economic activity or educational activity) along with an application for a residence permit (or long-term visa), prior to marking the visa in the travel document at the latest, at the respective Embassy or Consulate of the Czech Republic. Please contact directly your faculty coordinator (short-term studies, degree studies in English, degree studies in Czech).
The project „Student Mode“ is the concept of visa facilitation for students-foreigners from selected third countries who are admitted to study at Universities in the Czech Republic. The function of Student Mode is to accelerate access to the relevant embassy for an applicant seeking a long-term visa/residence permit for the purpose of studies. Placing an applicant on the list of the Student Mode does not guarantee a positive processing of the visa application. For further detailed information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
How to be nominated for the Student Mode?
- If you want to be nominated for the Student Mode please contact directly your faculty coordinator (short term studies).
- If you want to be nominated for the Student Mode please contact directly your faculty coordinator (degree studies in English or Czech).
What should I do when I have been accepted?
- Please prepare all documents for submitting your application at the Czech embassy.
- Be ready and wait for an e-mail or call from the Czech embassy.
- If you do not submit all the required documents you will be automatically removed from the Student Mode.
Student Mode covers the following countries.
Responsibility: Mgr. Marta Vaňková