EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBERS
European emergency phone numbers:
- 112 – Police, Fire, Medical and Rescue service
What to do when dialling 112? For more information, click here.
Czech emergency phone numbers:
- 155 Emergency Medical Service
- 158 Police
- 156 Municipal Police
- 150 Fire and Rescue Service
We recommend saving emergency contacts on your phone in advance. Calling these numbers is free of charge.
MOBILE APPLICATION „Záchranka“
This free mobile app helps you by pressing the emergency red cross button. This puts you in contact with the 155 Emergency line and at the same time, a SMS with your exact location is sent to emergency. Help is on the way... You can also use the "Záchranka" app when travelling to Austria, Hungary or Slovak mountains.
What means the emergency crisis?
- Victim of serious crime (attack/rape, missing, kidnapping, blackmail, etc.)
- Natural/anthropogenic crisis (natural disasters, pandemic, large-scale crash, political/social crisis, war conflict, terrorism, etc.)
If something has just happened to you or someone, you know:
- Get to a safe place if you are able
- Call someone you know and trust and they can help you to make the next step
- Inform your supervisor
We encourage you to access support from someone you trust or professionals.
EMERGENCY SERVICE AND PHARMACY
- Koliště 47, Phone: +420 545 424 811 or +420 545 424 888, Opening hours: Mon-Sun: nonstop
24/7 Emergency service
TRAUMA HOSPITAL IN BRNO, Ponávka 6, Brno; Tel.: +420 545 538 111 or +420 545 538 538; Website: www.unbr.cz
- Emergency service: Surgery hours: Mon-Fri: 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m., Sat + Sun: nonstop; Registration fee: 90 CZK
- Dental emergency: Mon-Fri: 6:00 p.m. – 23:59 p.m., Sat, Sun + holidays: 8.00 a.m. – 8.00 p.m.; Registration fee: 90 CZK
What do you need at doctors´ office? Insurance card (activated), passport, money.
Organisations providing aid to victims of violence, rape and sexual abuse:
In case of epidemic or pandemic (Covid-19 for example), you can ask for information:
- REGIONAL PUBLIC HEALTH AUTHORITY OF THE SOUTH MORAVIAN REGION: +420 773 768 994 or email@example.com
- THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF PUBLIC HEALTH: +420 724 810 106 or +420 725 191 367
- THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH OF THE CZECH REPUBLIC: www.mzcr.cz
- THE MINISTRY OF INTERIOR OF THE CZECH REPUBLIC: www.mvcr.cz
- THE CZECH GOVERNMENT (measures adopted by the Czech Government against coronavirus): www.vlada.cz
- THE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OF THE CZECH REPUBLIC: www.mzv.cz
- THE WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION: www.who.int
- THE EUROPEAN CENTRE FOR DISEASE PREVENTION AND CONTROL: www.ecdc.europa.eu
Here is a complete list of Foreign Embassies to the Czech Republic (addresses, contacts).
If you are in trouble or don´t know what to do, you can always contact Welcome service on: 778 465 672 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try to help you to solve your issue.
However, do not forget that the Czech Republic is the 7th most secure country in the world!
Responsibility: Mgr. Marta Vaňková