Letter to employees with information for the new semester
The beginning of the academic year is approaching and although the situation may still change, we are sending you the promised details for the academic year 2020/2021. It must be said that BUT will always follow the regulations or measures of the Ministry of Health or the Ministry of Education. Therefore, if any new regulations from these institutions arrive in the coming days, we will inform you about them and these will always be strictly observed at BUT. We will also take into account the current epidemiological situation in the district of Brno-City, so if the situation worsens, other changes in teaching may occur. Unfortunately, this needs to be taken into account in this academic year. Below you will find a brief overview of measures at BUT and a link to the complete wording of the Rector's Decision No. 6/2020.
- Persons who have symptoms of viral disease (e.g. fever, cough, shortness of breath, sudden loss of taste and smell, etc.) are still prohibited from entering BUT buildings. And it does not concern only covid-19, but any bad cold or other infectious diseases.
- If you have symptoms of viral disease, contact your superior employee immediately, who will determine appropriate preventive measures upon agreement.
- Also contact the head if you have been imposed a quarantine or isolation directly in connection with covid-19. The superior employee will communicate this information to the personnel department of the relevant department and he/she informs the crisis staff at email@example.com so that appropriate measures can be taken.
- In common areas, always keep a distance of at least 2 meters from other people.
- Remember the obligation to wear a mask in all indoor areas.
- When entering the BUT buildings and after using the toilets, please use the hand disinfection available here. Remember the obligation to wear a veil in all indoor areas.
- If your health condition places you in the so-called risk group, inform your superior employee, who has the right to negotiate with you other conditions for performing work, such as a home office agreement.
- If you are an academic worker and a situation arises that prevents the participation of a larger number of students in teaching (quarantine, extraordinary measures of the Ministry, teaching is led by an employee classified in the so-called risk group, etc.), teaching can be adequately adjusted or changed into a distance form. This is always decided by the management of the faculty or the given department.
- Business trips of employees in the Czech Republic and abroad are ordered only in urgent and necessary cases.
- The leading employees of BUT departments must be available on the telephone in order to be able to operatively fulfil the measures of the crisis staff, university management or departments, etc.
- If you are accommodated in the BUT halls of residence and quarantine or isolation has been imposed on you, report it immediately to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. It is then forbidden to visit quarantined persons. Individual receptions then record all visits to BUT halls of residence. If you come from a country where there is a reporting obligation to RHS SMR, you must prove that you have fulfilled this obligation at the halls of residence reception. Masks are still mandatory in the Czech Republic, which also applies to halls of residence and canteens (except for the time of food consumption). Please disinfect your hands when entering catering facilities.
As it is clear from this letter, this year's academic year will probably not be completely standard, however, our ambition is to keep day-time teaching as much as possible. If you have any questions, write to email@example.com. We believe that you understand and follow the extraordinary measures, with regard to the health of yourself, your colleagues and our students. Our joint efforts depend on the personal responsibility of each of us. Thank you.
Rector of BUT
- Decision no. 6/2020 in Relation to the Development of the Crisis Situation in the Spread of COVID-19 Disease caused by the new Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
- Risk factors that can lead to a very serious course of COVID-19 even the death of patients