FCH-BA_HAVAk. rok: 2021/2022
Physical properties of water and aqueous solutions, solubility of liquids, solids and gases, chemical equilibrium, physical chemistry of surfaces, adsorption, properties and composition of water: temperature, neutralization and suppressing capacity; Conductivity, organoleptic properties, colloidal substances, inorganic flakes, organic substances. Types of water: natural, mineral, marine, potable, industrial, industrial, wastewater, drinking water, sludge and sediments.
System of standard methods for water examination, water sample collection and preparation, basic physical and chemical analysis of water, determination of pH, conductance, BOD, COD, alkalinity, acidity, determination of dissolved, undissolved and extractable substances, organoleptic characterization of water, determination of anorganic compounds in water - Ca, Mg, Na, K, nitrogen bearing compounds, compounds with sulphur, halogenides, Fe, Mn, Al, determination of heavy and the other metals, B, Si, P, determinatin of organic components of water, petroleum-derived compounds, lower fatty acids, phenols, polyaromatic hydrocarbons, halogenated hydrocarbons and humic acids.
Nabízen zahradničním studentům
Výsledky učení předmětu
After students finished this course, their competence inceased as follows:
1. Students will be capable of application concepts in the field of hydrochemistry;
2. Students will gain knowledge of chemistry of low concentrated aqueous solutions;
3. Students gain knowledge which is essential for the understanding of all the basic processes that take place in natural waters (oxidation, reduction, sorption, pH changes as a result of changes in carbonate balance, etc.);
4. Students gain knowledge which is necessary prerequisite for the application in scientific and in technical practice;
5. Students will understand the problems of mutual interactions of different components of the aquatic environment.
6. They obtain overview of basic knowledge of water sampling and treatment of water samples.
7. Students have overview in standard norms in water analysis.
8. They achieved of knowledges of chemical methods using in analysis of anorganic and organic components of water.
Basic knowledge of analytical and physical chemistry.
Doporučená nebo povinná literatura
Pitter, P. : Hydrochemie, VŠCHT, Praha 2009 (EN)
ČSN normy: https://csnonline.unmz.cz/ (EN)
Worch, E.: Hydrochemistry, De Gruyter, 2015 (EN)
Plánované vzdělávací činnosti a výukové metody
The course uses teaching methods in form of Lecture - 2 teaching hours per week. The e-learning system (LMS Moodle) is available to students.
Způsob a kritéria hodnocení
Classified credit in the form of a credit test according to the ECTS assessment.
1. Physical and chemical properties of water.
2. Chemical equilibrium - dissociation reactions, hydrolytic, redox, precipitation, complex formation reactions.
3. Adsorption and exchange of ions.
4. Types of water - properties and composition.
5. Current legislation in hydrochemistry and water analysis.
6. Sampling and treatment of samples of different types of water.
7. Sensory properties of water.
8. Basic physical and chemical analysis of water.
9. Determination of inorganic components of water - metal compounds.
10. Determination of inorganic components of water - non-metallic compounds.
11. Determination of organic constituents of water - group determinations.
12. Determination of organic constituents of water - determination of chemical individuals.
13. Use of mobile analytics.
The aim of the Water Hydrochemistry and Water Analysis course is to acquaint students with:
- physical and chemical properties and composition of natural, drinking and waste water
- the kinetics of chemical processes and chemical equilibria in natural waters
- valid legislation in the field of water analysis and hydrochemistry
- methods of sampling and pre-treatment of samples
- physico-chemical water analyzes
To provide students with the theoretical basis for successful mastering of courses in chemistry and water technology in the post-graduate master study.
To familiarize them with the current information that can be used in current water analysis practice.
Vymezení kontrolované výuky a způsob jejího provádění a formy nahrazování zameškané výuky
Credit test at the end of the course.
Attendance at lectures is recommended, but not monitored. An integral part of teaching and combined form of teaching is a e-learning tutorial course, divided into blocks, within which are available to students learning support including electronic textbooks, presentations, lectures, and other complementary materials.For students in combined form of study are organized consultations to subjec matter. Consultations are also provided to full-time students on request.
Typ (způsob) výuky
26 hod., nepovinná
Vyučující / Lektor