FEKT-NOSVAk. rok: 2019/2020
Course lighting systems expands knowledge of lighting techniques to the practical parts associated with the design, construction and operation of lighting systems. Students are at first introduced to the basic variables and relations that are necessary for the design of indoor and outdoor lighting systems. There are explained the methods of lighting systems design and there are presented the legislative regulations and standards necessary for this activity. Furthermore, students are confronted in detail with the most commonly used light sources and luminaires, as well as materials needed for their production. In the next step there are explained general procedures and principles of the lighting design of indoor and outdoor space using not only artificial sources, but also the contribution of daylight. Also the student is familiarized with the problems of regulation, evaluation and measurement and with basic elements of smart wiring.
Výsledky učení předmětu
Deeper knowledge from lighting technology, knowledge of methods of lighting system design, knowledge required at lighting technician for production of luminaires, operation and maintenance of lighting systems. Acquired knowledge is the basis for each designer of lighting systems.
Knowledge from the completed bachelor studies is required. Knowledge of lighting techniques acquired in the basic course Lighting technology is advantage.
Doporučená nebo povinná literatura
IES Lighting Handbook 10th edition, Illuminating Engineering, New York, Society of North America 2011
Helwitt, H.,Vause, A.S.: Lamps and Lighting, British Lighting Industries Ltd. 1966
Elenbaas, W.: Light Sources, Philips Technical Library, 1972
Plánované vzdělávací činnosti a výukové metody
Metody vyučování závisejí na způsobu výuky a jsou popsány článkem 7 Studijního a zkušebního řádu VUT.
Způsob a kritéria hodnocení
up to 24 points for laboratories
up to 16 points for the project lighting system
up to 60 points for the final exam, which is focused on an overview of issues taught in the course
1. Basics of photometry, quantities, units, relations, luminous intesity curves, calculations of total luminous flux of luminaires.
2. Measurement of light-technical characteristics of the luminaires, data formats used for exchange of photometrical data and parameters of luminaires.
3. Analysis and design of lighting systems, computational methods generally, computing applications.
4. The legislative basis for lighting technology, laws, regulations, standards.
5. Light sources for luminaires.
6. Function and sorting of luminaires, basic types of optical components, luminaire requirements for different types of light sources, electrical accessories and basic structural elements of luminaires.
7. Overview of the most widely used lighting technology materials and their properties.
8. Basic principles of the design of interior lighting systems, lighting comfort, discomfort glare.
9. Daylight lighting of buildings, problems of associated lighting, basic design principles.
10. Basic principles in the design of outdoor lighting systems, public lighting, road lighting and lighting of outdoor areas.
11. Smart wiring, basic principles of luminous flux regulation, control of lighting systems.
12. Control of indoor lighting systems, modern systems for lighting control, control of public lighting.
13. New trends in lighting technology, unconventional methods of measurement and lighting system design, assessment of the energy consumption of lighting systems.
The aim of the course stands in providing students practical information of the design, operation and control of lighting systems. Students learn how to design a lighting system so it is user-friendly, what kind of light sources and luminaires should be used, and how to operate and manage the lighting system with the environment on mind. Students are acquainted with new trends used in the design, measurement and control of lighting systems.
Vymezení kontrolované výuky a způsob jejího provádění a formy nahrazování zameškané výuky
Vymezení kontrolované výuky a způsob jejího provádění stanoví každoročně aktualizovaná vyhláška garanta předmětu.