FSI - Senior Researcher
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering: Open position for R&D worker at the Institute of Mathematics
Dean of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Brno University of Technologies announces an open call for a position:
Research and development worker: SENIOR RESEARCHER
Workplace: Institute of Mathematics
Description of the job position: The senior researcher will participate in research in the area of Discrete Topological Structures and their Applications. This research will be executed for the Institute of Mathematics at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering which is a department at the Brno University of Technology (Czech Republic, Brno-Královo Pole, Technická 2896/2, https://www.fme.vutbr.cz/?lang=1 ). The job includes active participation in conferences and similar events.
- At least 7 yearsfrom Ph.D. or its international equivalent (International Standard Classification of Education ISCED 8).
- Min. 3 publications registered in Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus, ERIH PLUS databases plus other publications (such as “article”, “book”, “book-chapter”, “letter” and “review”) within the last 5 years.
- A participation in at least one international grant or national grant within the last 5 years as the lead researcher or co-researcher.
- H-index of min. 8.5 (normalized by the normalizing factor given in the annex). Source for calculation of the h-index must be Web of Science or Scopus.
- A world recognized expert in the area of general topology with relevant results that have been published in distinguished international scientific journals.
- Interesting work in research and development in the field of Applied Topology
- Professional team, outstanding research facilities
- Fixed term work contract which may be prolonged, full-time job
- Administrative support including project support
Expected starting date: to be agreed
Please, send us the following:
- Structured CV (signed) with a list of your publications, participations in grants, h-index value and the source, research results, international experience, etc.
- Copy of your qualifications (diplomas or equivalence of the qualifications)
Applications deadline: 27. 02. 2020
Send applications to:
JUDr. Pavla Konečná
Personální oddělení FSI VUT v Brně
Technická 2896/2, 616 00 Brno
Telephone: + 420 541 142 143
Annexes How to calculate normalized h-index
The normalizing factor f: ℎ𝑁=𝑓×ℎ
Agricultural Sciences 1.27
Biology & Biochemistry 0.60
Clinical Medicine 0.76
Computer Science 1.75
Materials Science 1.36
Molecular Biology & Genetics 0.44
Neuroscience & Behaviour 0.56
Pharmacology & Toxicology 0.84
Plant & Animal Science 1.08
Space Science 0.74