Special water treatment technologies
FCH-MA_ENG11Ak. rok: 2021/2022
Measuring in drinking water (DW) treatment technology processes, advanced separation processes, microfiltration, ultrafiltration, nanofiltration, reverse osmosis and its applications, water quality changes during distribution, household facilities for water quality improvement, summary of DW treatment methods classification and technology line design, technological audit, practical solving of DW treatment problems, water treatment for energy production, warm utilitarian water, water quality requirements in different industrial branches (chemical, pharmaceutical and electrotechnical industry), methods of water pre-treatment, decarbonatation, desilicazation, ion-exchanger and magnetic water treatment utilization, sources of technical information and its utilization.
Nabízen zahradničním studentům
Pouze domovské fakulty
Výsledky učení předmětu
Additional knowledge on technological processes of drinking water treatment, which take place in some special occasions and in process water treatment is presented. Wide active cooperation with students is part of the lectures. The focus is to train students in solving practical issues, which they might meet in their jobs. Critical thinking is also trained in plenary discussion of their small presentations of different aspects of water treatment.
Knowledge from course Water and wastewater engineering
Doporučená nebo povinná literatura
Eckenfelder W. W. and Musterman J. L.: Activated Sludge Treatment of Industrial Wastewater,Technomic Publishing AG, Basel, Switzerland, 1995. (EN)
Plánované vzdělávací činnosti a výukové metody
Lectures 2/week, seminars 2h/week, the e-learning system (LMS Moodle) is available to students.
Způsob a kritéria hodnocení
1) Water quality standards and regulations
2) Waterworks control and management
3) Water treatment processes audit, pilot scale, and bench tests design
4) Seawater and brackish water treatment systems
5) Ion Exchange processes
7) Water quality changes by the distribution system
8) Equipment for water posttreatment in point-of-use and point-of-supply systems
9) Water treatment systems for the power generation industry
10) Water quality standards for special industry use
11) Bottled drinking water – quality standards and regulations
12) Unconventional water treatment technological solutions
13) Introduction to the synthesis of the water treatment technology line, case studies
The students build on the knowledge gained in the course “Wastewater engineering” and they obtain insights of currently solved topics in water treatment processes and waste water technologies.
Zařazení předmětu ve studijních plánech
- Program NPAP_ENVI magisterský navazující, 2. ročník, zimní semestr, 6 kreditů, povinně volitelný