Winter Laboratory Project - Biocolloids (Applied Chemistry) - bachelor study
FCH-B_WLP-BAk. rok: 2019/2020
Laboratory project with focus on biocolloids - preparation, structure, properties, applications in medicine, environmental technologies and agriculture
Project wil be realized by 1 student or, preferably, by student team (2-4 members). Begins with the project topic selection, followed by the design and realization of experiments, and finalized by data analysis and results evaluation. Tutored by faculty member or expert from industry. Students realize the project, prepare the final project report, present, discuss, and defend obtained results.
Nabízen zahradničním studentům
Výsledky učení předmětu
Students completing this course will be able to design and realize of experiments relevant for simple and medium complex project task in chemistry, to evaluate and discuss results obtained in laboratory and their practical relevance.
Project will be selected from following topics depending on student's interest and actual availability:
• Research and development of modern hydrogel materials for medicinal, agricultural, environmental applications
• Natural organic matter – isolation, interactions with pollutants, applications in agriculture, cosmetics and medicine transport properties, stability, colloidal properties in relation to its function in nature
• Cosmetics and other consumer’s chemistry products – colloidal properties, stability, formulation development
• Biophysical chemistry of microorganisms – application of methods and concepts of physical and biophysical chemistry in applied research of microorganisms
• Methods of characterization of dispersions – centrifugal analysis, viscosimetry, fluorescence techniques, thermal analysis, diffusion techniques
Training in realzitaion of laboratory work-based project.