How to get access?
You can work with databases from all BUT network computers free of charge including the storing or printing of the records found (this also applies to full-text documents if any).
PROXY SERVER - EZPROXY
To get access from outside the network, you can use a proxy server (EZproxy service). You can find an authenticated access or access via EZproxy in the right column. This involves authentication via the BUT Portal. All you need is VUT login and VUT password.
With some databases, access via Shibboleth works. If you see a Shibboleth entry link on the database website, you can click it to get to the database from any computer, all you need is a VUT account (that is, VUT login and VUT password). Currently, this access is supported by the Ebsco, Emerald, and IEEE Xplore databases.
Another method of accessing the databases from outside the BUT network is using VPN. For this, you will need VUTlogin and VUTPin – for further information and guidelines, visit http://wifigw.cis.vutbr.cz/index.php#vpn
When working with the database, you must comply with the database usage terms and conditions.
Although the license terms are the same for most of the e-resources, they should be carefully read for each particular resource.
THE FOLLOWING GENERAL PRINCIPLES SHOULD BE OBSERVED:
- You can only download and print out documents from these resources for your own use of for teaching purposes (no further dissemination of such materials is possible).
- You cannot download whole publications or the entire issue of an e-journal, always a single paper or chapter.
- You can only download materials to your own computer.
- If you use any of the e-resources for writing a paper or a thesis, you must include a regular reference.
- Because of the copyright, you cannot print a whole book or a whole journal.
Please, do not try to use "robots" to download a large amount of data, the database engine might get locked for the entire BUT.
Short URL: https://www.vutbr.cz/en/uk/manuals/f38767/d103192