Profile of the branch:|
Design and Process Engineering
· Designing, construction, calculation, technology of manufacturing, technical preparation of manufacturing including assembly and testing,
· Thermal and nuclear power plant devices such as steam and combustion turbines, steam generators, steam power plants and heating plants including nuclear power stations, industrial power engineering and their environmental aspects,
· Water turbines, hydrodynamic and hydrostatic pumps, piping systems, hydroelectric power plants, and pumping stations,
· Machinary and devices for chemical industry, food-stuff industry, and biotechnological treatment lines,
· Construction, modelling and theoretical studies of machines and devices for cutting, forming machines, industrial robots, and manipulators,
· Machine parts and mechanisms, methodology of designing machine elements and working mechanisms of general application with consideration of stochastic qualities of inputs, including the application of special types of machines and devices,
· Cars, vans and lorries, buses, trailers, semi-trailers, and motorcycles,
· Combustion engines for all types of vehicle drives, simulation of combustion engine thermomechanical systems, dynamics of driving gear, engine accessories, ecology,
· Machines and devices for in-plant handling of material and handling between operations, for the mining and transport of building materials, for passenger conveyance in buildings,
· Aerodynamic calculation and designing, flight mechanics, fatigue and durability of aircraft constructions, aeroelasticity of aircraft,
· Quality of machine industry production.
Key learning outcomes:|
Occupational profiles of graduates with examples:|
Issued topics of Doctoral Study Program:|
- Adaptive drive control
4th Industrial Revolution – INDUSTRY 4.0 – requires development of innovated machines with integrated multisensor system allowing maximum understanding of the machine´s behaviour and its analysis in computational virtual environment. The developed adaptive drive control system includes also logical units collecting and processing data from the sensors and generating output signals for the selected actuators. The output of the work will be a platform for adaptive drive control applicable in the selected type of a production machine and meeting the requirements set for INDUSTRY 4.0.
- Adaptivity and safety of collaborative human–machine system
The fourth industrial revolution known as INDUSTRY 4.0 is also associated with the development of innovative production systems allowing direct cooperation between human and production equipment. An example may be the first application of robotized workplaces with collaborative robots. Greater use of the potential of direct human-machine cooperation is limited by the terms of technological process safety and by the protection of process data against unauthorized access (safety and security). The outcome of the work will be processing platform for a comprehensive approach to direct cooperation of human with adaptive manufacturing equipment complying challenges associated with INDUSTRY 4.0.
- Effect of changes in machining on design feed axis of machining centers
When are design of feed axis machining centers, it is necessary to effectively designing and management of the feed elements so that technical system worked efficiently. It is necessary to consider both technical and economic aspects. Any change in the type of instrument, which is machined, can cause considerable problems in terms of stability and in terms of the quality of the workpiece. The aim is to determine these effects, validate their impact on experiments and then using a systems approach to develop new methodologies for the design of feed axes.