Profile of the branch:|
Design and Process Engineering
· Designing, construction, calculation, technology of manufacturing, technical preparation of manufacturing including assembly and testing,
· Thermal and nuclear power plant devices such as steam and combustion turbines, steam generators, steam power plants and heating plants including nuclear power stations, industrial power engineering and their environmental aspects,
· Water turbines, hydrodynamic and hydrostatic pumps, piping systems, hydroelectric power plants, and pumping stations,
· Machinary and devices for chemical industry, food-stuff industry, and biotechnological treatment lines,
· Construction, modelling and theoretical studies of machines and devices for cutting, forming machines, industrial robots, and manipulators,
· Machine parts and mechanisms, methodology of designing machine elements and working mechanisms of general application with consideration of stochastic qualities of inputs, including the application of special types of machines and devices,
· Cars, vans and lorries, buses, trailers, semi-trailers, and motorcycles,
· Combustion engines for all types of vehicle drives, simulation of combustion engine thermomechanical systems, dynamics of driving gear, engine accessories, ecology,
· Machines and devices for in-plant handling of material and handling between operations, for the mining and transport of building materials, for passenger conveyance in buildings,
· Aerodynamic calculation and designing, flight mechanics, fatigue and durability of aircraft constructions, aeroelasticity of aircraft,
· Quality of machine industry production.
Key learning outcomes:|
Occupational profiles of graduates with examples:|
Issued topics of Doctoral Study Program:|
- Dynamic phenomena when running pump and their influence on pump reliability
The thesis will be focused on monitoring pumps reliability during dynamic phenomena in these pumps. The reliability will be judged with regard to pump operation in nuclear power plants.
- Measurement of dynamic parameters of hydraulic machines, dynamic properties of used sensors
The thesis will be focused on measurement and processing of measured data of hydraulic machines. Dynamic properties of commonly used sensors, mainly pressure sensors, will be focused closer.
- Radial – axial pump with counter rotating runners
This theme will be aimed to multistage pumps (radial-axial), without stator vanes. The stator vanes will be replaced by next counter-rotating impeller. This solution will be applied to runners for low specific speed (radial-axial runners).
- The optimalization of the number of blades of swirl turbine for given parameters.
The runner with two blades is used in the development of the swirl turbine for small heads and large discharges.
Two blades are very harmful for cavitation and suction head is very small, in many causes it is negative. The study will be supported by the project MPO no. FR-TI3/712 “Research and development of systems for low – head water power plants
The optimalization of blades of swirl turbine will be aimed to the runners with essentially higher number of blades, but relatively very short to prevent the main advantage of swirl turbine – large discharge.
The cavitation properties would be better too.