Design and Process Engineering
Design and Process Engineering
· Designing, construction, calculation, technology of manufacturing, technical preparation of manufacturing including assembly and testing,
· Thermal and nuclear power plant devices such as steam and combustion turbines, steam generators, steam power plants and heating plants including nuclear power stations, industrial power engineering and their environmental aspects,
· Water turbines, hydrodynamic and hydrostatic pumps, piping systems, hydroelectric power plants, and pumping stations,
· Machinary and devices for chemical industry, food-stuff industry, and biotechnological treatment lines,
· Construction, modelling and theoretical studies of machines and devices for cutting, forming machines, industrial robots, and manipulators,
· Machine parts and mechanisms, methodology of designing machine elements and working mechanisms of general application with consideration of stochastic qualities of inputs, including the application of special types of machines and devices,
· Cars, vans and lorries, buses, trailers, semi-trailers, and motorcycles,
· Combustion engines for all types of vehicle drives, simulation of combustion engine thermomechanical systems, dynamics of driving gear, engine accessories, ecology,
· Machines and devices for in-plant handling of material and handling between operations, for the mining and transport of building materials, for passenger conveyance in buildings,
· Aerodynamic calculation and designing, flight mechanics, fatigue and durability of aircraft constructions, aeroelasticity of aircraft,
· Quality of machine industry production.
Issued topics of Doctoral Study Program
- Active control of the combustion process of small fireplaces with manual fueling
The topic is focused on the research of the possibilities of active control of the combustion process in small furnaces. In the framework of experimental work, suitable measuring elements will be tested to identify the flue gas composition and the temperature ratios of the combustion process. On the experimental combustion plant, tests of active combustion air distribution control algorithms will be carried out. The theoretical part will include testing of active control on numerical combustion chamber models.
- CFD modeling of combustion fluidized bed
Thesis is focused on the numerical solution of thermofluid portions running in the fluidized bed of combustion devices using biomass as fuel. Within the theme, attention will be paid to testing various computational models that can be used to describe the fluid layer. On the basis of the available experimental data, modifications of standard models and designs of innovated models will take place.
- Oxycombustion of Biomass Fuels
The theme is focused on managing and optimizing the combustion process fuels from biomass using oxygen enriched air. The aim will be to describe and to optimize the combustion process with an emphasis on minimizing the formation of gaseous emissions and create a mathematical model of the combustion process. The topic responds to the current issue of optimizing combustion and reducing emission load.
- Solid pollutants elimination
The emission of solid pollutants is a very current issue of current energetic, where manufacturers and operators of energy equipment are working hard to meet the legislative constraints. During the study the student will study the origin and properties of the particles and the possibilities of their elimination at the establishment or in the secondary equipment. Wet method and barrier filtration will be studed for small boilers and for large energy plant use.
- Thermal Treatment of Alternative Fuels
The theme is focused on managing and optimizing the process of thermal processing of alternative fuels from biomass and biodegradable waste in the form of combustion and gasification. The aim will be to describe and optimize fuel treatment and optimize thermal processes, with an emphasis on minimizing the formation of undesirable substances, maximize efficiency and create a mathematical description of the process. The theme responds to current demands for energy processing biodegradable waste.
Course structure diagram with ECTS credits
Study plan wasn't generated yet for this year.