Fundamentals Designing of Ecological Buildings
FA-NESCompulsory-optionalBachelor's (1st cycle)Acad. year: 2010/2011Winter semester4. year of study2 credits
Deepening the students' ability to design energy-saving buildings with a healthy indoor environment.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge of principles of devising energy-saving concepts, and ability to use them in the building's architectural design.
Basic knowledge of building design (urban, architectural and structural design).
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Humm,O.: Nízkoenergetické domy (CS)
Neufert,E.: Navrhování staveb (CS)
Malaniuk, B.: Architektura ekologických staveb (CS)
Mollison,B.: Úvod do permakultury (CS)
aktuální texty a otevřené přednášky
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Working out of assigned seminar work (analysis of an ecological building's design).
Language of instruction
1. Architecture and environmentalism
2. Assesment urban design architectural and basics for drafting ecological constructions
3. Exploitation alternative sources energy at ecological build - up
4. Stavebně physical requirements ecological build - up
5. Design requirements ecological build - up
6. Selection materials
7. Power draft - option system heating
8. Balance - sheet energy - saving procuration
9. Water management
10. Indoor climate
11. Common methodical progress at processing ecological plans
12. Ecological living - fundamentals drafting - art live
13. Instances ecological build - up
The aim is to make the students -future architects - acquainted not only with design requirements, but also with implemented ecological buildings which, due to increasing ecological and sanitary requirements, will gain ever greater significance in the building industry.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Obligatory consultations within the scope of seminars, according to a fixed schedule
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer