Company Practice Psychology
FAST-CZ056OptionalMaster's (2nd cycle)Acad. year: 2017/2018Summer semester1. year of study2 credits
The subject offer the basic orientation in practical soft skills used in companies, it raises the finding employment ability and graduate competitiveness. The subject continuously introduces to students the soft skills that lead the graduate effectively to carrier and personality growth.
Institute of Social Sciences (SPV)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will be able to have insight on the human resource management problems.
Basic knowledge from psychology and sociology from secondary school (from subjects as Civics or Social sciences). Basic orientation in terminology from general psychology, sociology and social groups.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Soft – skills, definition, use in practice, importance for competitiveness
2. Assertiveness and attitude to others, assertiveness as relationships change possibility and cooperation with others, self – evaluation, respect to own personality, to others
3. Communication, empathy, nonverbal reading, communication faults
4. Dealing with problem communication partner types, its identification and its specific in communication.
5. Conflict and negotiation, dealing strategy considering the aim of dealing.
6. Own work results presentation to professional and general public. Work with public.
7. Social groups versus team, dynamics and team parts.
8. Working environment and related psychological aspects. Work environmental hygiene.
9. Problem dealing at work. Identification and solving for civil engineering environment.
10. Self – management as personality efficiency rising.
11. 4. and 5. generation time – management, efficiency a priority.
12. Stress, its physiology and relax techniques. Stress reduce.
13. Innovation and creativity, its support for own efficiency and creative activity increasing.
Orientation in an interpersonal communication (especially considering managment position), abilities in aplication knowledge and soft-skills in private and in profession life.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer