FAST-BZ002CompulsoryBachelor's (1st cycle)Acad. year: 2017/2018Winter semester4. year of study2 credits
The law system of the Czech state. The building law as part of the system of administrative law. Building Act. Implementing regulations to the Building Act. Legal regulation of administrative offenses. Expropriation. Conduct of business by natural and legal entities in building industry. Basic employment relations.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
After completing the course students will be familiar with the Building Law.
Mode of delivery
90 % face-to-face, 10 % distance learning
The subject extends the knowledge gained at secondary school.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to the course, basic legal concepts.
2. The place of the building law in the system of administrative law. The Building Act, its contents and principles. Implementing regulations to the Building Act.
3. Town and country planning and its instruments.
4. Planning permission proceedings, types of planning permissions.
5. Environmental protection, assessment of concepts and intentions on environmental protection.
6. Building code, building permit and notofication, building permit proceedings. Authorized inspector.
7. Structure realization. Utilization and removal of structures. Energy intensity of buildings.
8. Selected activities in construction. Authorization according to the Law. No. 360/1992 Coll., on practice of profession of authorized architects and authorized engineers and technicians working in the field of building constructions.
9. Administrative offenses. Expropriation.
10. Technical requirements on construction products. Waste management.
11. Basic employment relations, requisites of employment contract.
12. Trade law.
13. Trade companies, their basic characteristics, status of partners.
The objective of the course is to make the students familiar with the legal order of the Czech Republic focusing on the Building Act and its implementing regulations.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer