Advanced methods of processing and analysis of images
FEKT-DBM1AOptional specializedDoctoral (3rd cycle)Acad. year: 2017/2018Winter semester1. year of study4 credits
- Signal restoration, optimal and adaptive filtering (Jan)
- Spectral analysis of stochastic signals (Kozumplík)
- Neronal networks in signal processing and analysis (Jan)
- Time-frequency analysis (Provazník)
- Formalised restoration of image data (Jan)
- Advanced image segmentation (Jan)
- Generalised morfological transforms of image data (Jan)
- Fusion of image data (Jan)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Modern advanced methods of image processing and analysis.
Mode of delivery
90 % face-to-face, 10 % distance learning
Backgrounds in digital signal and image processing
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
J.Jan: Medical Image Processing, Reconstruction and Restoration. CRC 2006
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations. Techning methods include lectures and self study.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Final oral exam
Language of instruction
Advanced image segmentation, fusion of image data, image restoration, image reconstruction from tomographic data.
Presentation of modern advanced concepts of signal and image processing. The aim is a deep understanding of the methodology, as well as inclusion of student into discussions on the philosophy of the methods.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer