Russian for Beginners
FAST-VYR001Acad. year: 2020/2021
Topics - introducing, greetings, phoning, basic information about myself, nationalities, on a visit, family.
Phonetic and graphic side of language - russian alphabet, accent, intonation, pronunciation, spelling.
Grammar – addressing, numerals, conjugation of verbs, basic paradigms of nouns, personal and possessive pronouns, reflexive verbs, verbal phrases.
Institute of Social Sciences (SPV)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will accomplish the aim of the course, which is the mastery of elementary Russian, which means written and spoken Russian alphabet, basic vocabulary and basic grammatical features, then the ability to read, translate and make very simple Russian texts.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
Mastery of elementary Russian, which means Russian alphabet in both written and spoken form, basic vocabulary and grammar. The ability of reading, translating and making very simple texts.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme B_A+U Bachelor's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme BAK-UAD Bachelor's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme BAK-EP Bachelor's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme BAK-ESBD Bachelor's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme BAK-MIn Bachelor's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme BAK-PM Bachelor's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer