Rural and Farm Buildings
FAST-BGA016Acad. year: 2020/2021
Design of rural and farm buildings. Grasp of the principles of urbanistic, architectural, typological and structural execution of buildings while meeting the requirements for the identity of the country and environmental protection. Current test of information, laws, regulations, standards and data regarding physiological claims, spatial and technological needs which, in summary, enable optimum and energy-efficient solution of rural and farm buildings.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will manage the goal of the subject, i.e. knowledge of the rural environment and architecture, specialities of designing residential and public buildings in the country, buildings for agricultural production and storage.
Elementary knowledge of the building constructions, building physics and typology.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Characteristics of the country, cultural, regional and technical specificities in construction
2. Housing construction in the country
3. Structures of public and servicing facilities
4. Greenery, small architecture and engineering equipment
5. Family agricultural farms, agro-turism
6. Location of farm buildings in the country side, structural and technical aspects
7. Microclimate of inner space and hygiene of working environment
8. Architecture of farm buildings
9. Horse breeding and sheep farming buildings, riding manéges
10. Cattle and pig breeding and production buildings
11. Poultry farming and production buildings, fur animal husbandry buildings
12. Greenhouses, potatoes and fruit stores, corn silos
13. Fodder and animal excrement stores
Knowledge of the rural environment and architecture, specialities of designing residential and public buildings in the country, buildings for agricultural production and storage.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-APS Bachelor's, 2. year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, compulsory