CESA-SSTEAcad. year: 2020/2021
In the course of the semester, students will learn English terminology of selected subjects of bachelor study, which are important for the understanding of the professional English text focused on sports technologies as well as general education of kinanthropology and electrical engineering. Teaching is provided by teaching subjects in English.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- to describe in English important elements and variables from basic areas of electrotechnical sports technologies,
- apply the learned knowledge in relation to disciplines
- orientate oneself in English text focused on sports technologies
- Explain the use of the instrument, method or test in English
- basics of English terminology in sports technology
Knowledge of selected topics of the subject in Czech.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Heřmanský,J. (2003): Moderní anglicko – český slovník sportovních výrazů. Brno, Barrister and Principal.
Podle zadání vyučujících jednoltivých témat.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Seminar, workshop, colloquium.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Base of informatics
2. Algorithms and Programming
3. Sport physiology
4. Kinanthropology and Sport training
5. Sport biomechanics
6. Monitoring of healthy life style
7. Biomedical signal analysis
8. Medical diagnostic and therapeutic equipment
9. Wireless technologies and smart systems
10. Biomedical images analysis
11. Functional diagnostics
12. Diagnostigs of sport training
13 Modern trends in sports technology
14. Artificial intelligence in sport
The aim of the course is to familiarize students in an active way with the terminology of important subjects of the study programme to help them understand English texts focused on sports technology.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Seminar, self-study, attendance 80%.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-STC Bachelor's, 3. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, compulsory