Safety of Machinery and Electrical Engineering Equipment
ÚSI-RTBSEAcad. year: 2020/2021
The subject focuses on issues and principles concerned with the analysis of risks affecting mechanical and electrical equipment. Such risks need to be controlled in order to ensure the safety of these devices before they are introduced to the market or brought into operation.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will be acquainted with issues and principles concerned with the identification of danger and the analysis of risk with regard to machinery and electrical devices – an area which needs to be mastered in order to operate these devices safely. Students will obtain the latest knowledge regarding safety standards and legal regulations concerning health and safety protection when working on machinery and electrical devices.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Směrnice Evropského parlamentu a Rady 2006/42/ES, 2014/35/EU a 2014/30/EU
Zákon č. 22/1997 Sb. o technických požadavcích na výrobky a o změně a doplnění některých zákonů, v platném znění
ČSN EN ISO 12100
Vybrané bezpečnostní normy typů B1, B2 a C
Vybrané normy z řady ČSN 33 2000-3, 33 2000-4, 33 2000-5, 33 2000-6, 33 2000-7
Normy ČSN EN 60204, ČSN EN 62061 a ČSN EN 61508
ČSN EN ISO 13849
NORSOK STANDARD Z-013:2001
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
A condition for the credit to be awarded is the production by the student of a semestral project involving the risk evaluation of a selected device. The exam consists of a written and oral part.
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to safety issues related to machinery and electrical devices.
2. Main Czech and European legal regulations concerning the safety of mechanical equipment.
3. Czech and European technical standards, legal aspects of technical standardization, the hierarchy of types of safety standard.
4. Fundamentals of the technical risk analysis of mechanical equipment.
5. Safety aspects of mechanical equipment.
6. Safety and protection systems of mechanical equipment, the importance of ergonomics.
7. Health and safety protection when working with mechanical and electrical devices.
8. Electrical switchboards.
9. Requirements for electrical wiring.
10. Requirements for the functional safety of SRPCS circuits.
11. Requirements for the safety of SW in programmable electronic devices.
12. Electromagnetic compatibility, analysis of risk phenomena.
13. Case studies.
The aim of the course is to provide the knowledge and skills needed for the identification of relevant dangers, along with the evaluation and lowering of risks associated with mechanical and electrical equipment.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Seminars are compulsory, lectures are recommended.